Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nate Carter interview on TV today

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nate Carter interview on TV today

I just researched my local TV listings for today. At 10:00AM PST, about 5 hours before the Super Bowl, a program will be aired called Football America: Our Stories. There will be various interviews including those of the 5 fans who won trips to the Super Bowl this year. One of these is Nate Carter, a young man with Wegener's from Hope, Arkansas, who has played football with his high school team. I plan to watch!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched this, in fact it is still on... a worthwhile program overall, not just for Nate's story but for the stories of others and comments from well known personalities. When they got to the part about Nate, I was already prepared for them getting something wrong about Wegener's. They called it "a rare blood disease". It is not a blood disease, is it? It is a rare autoimmune disease that affects the blood vessels and various organs and systems of the body in destructive ways. Right? Oh, well. No big surprise that they encapsulated it wrongly. The segment about Nate was still great to watch, and I'm glad he won a trip to the Super Bowl. I'll try to find out if this segment will be featured on youtube or other online coverage, in case anyone missed it or didn't have it available in their country.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a shame that there was a great oppurtunity for people to learn what wg is and they got it wrong.
    Did Nate try to correct them. I looked and we didn't get that here. Maybe it was a local thing ?
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it was a national thing, but maybe different local stations played it at different times. No, Nate didn't get to correct them, because the narrator said that but no one said it to Nate or really asked him anything about his disease. He described coughing up blood and going to the hospital. So it came on pretty suddenly in his lungs, maybe without a lot of sinus stuff first like a lot of us have. I forget if he was in a coma or in the hospital long. It was more about how much his town of Hope, Arkansas was behind him and how he recovered. Since Pres. Clinton is from there, he was involved and got to announce that Nate won the tickets and trip. I hope we get to see a clip of that again. Well, it's kickoff time, just about!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.nflfilmstv.com/newmedia/p...75328-16x9.mp4

i think Nate's part begins around 21:15...

He's a real hero to me since he'd rather be thought of as a "normal kid" but was willing to go public & write about his story in order to raise awareness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, Former President Clinton surprised Nate in person at the game!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whatthewhat View Post
    http://www.nflfilmstv.com/newmedia/p...75328-16x9.mp4

i think Nate's part begins around 21:15...

He's a real hero to me since he'd rather be thought of as a "normal kid" but was willing to go public & write about his story in order to raise awareness.

The link doesn't want to open for me.

I will search for it later and see what I can find.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The link worked just fine for me. I enjoyed the whole show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, hopefully people will remember the name and google it to find out more about it. All in all the episodes were very touching. Thanks for the link Anne.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was whatthewhat who supplied the link, Dale. Thanks, whatthewhat! I wish I'd seen the part during the game where he was surprised by Mr. Clinton!

I'm sorry you couldn't open the link, Michelle, and hoping we will stumble across it in a format you can open, such as youtube.

I agree, Brett, the whole program was enjoyable and worth watching. It's good to know, though, at what point Nate's part begins.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast