Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low Oxygen Levels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep track of your co level. I can usually feel it when mine is low. Sometimes as low as 76 but not to often. I know it is time to relax and take some oxygen. I have been told by my son, which is an inhalation therapist, that as long as the first number is nine (9) it is pretty good. He said that he cannot get his up past 97 and he is in excellent shape. Fatigue and leg weakness is my cue for the oxygen. I use oxygen all night and have my portable with me when I am outside on the farm just in case I need it. Hate carrying it around esp. on the tractor or picking produce but it seems to be a necessary evil. I just finished my last of 4 RTS treatments. Hopefully this will put the WG in remission. I don't know if I am doing right but am trying to start a pick your own blackberry and red raspberry product, with the help of my great stepdaughter.
    May God bless you and lets keep in contact to fight this disease

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I actually bought another oximeter to keep track of my oxygen levels and this one seems off too. I just took it and it said my O2 is 83 and HR is 36 bmp - I know my HR is not 36, I took it myself and it's 84 - so if my HR is off, I'm thinking O2 is also. I have had major fatigue today, woke up at 7am, studied a little and then watched the men's luge winter Olympics. By 11:00am I was tired and ended up falling asleep until 4:40pm. I'm still super tired, but I'm currently up watching basketball. I'm not sure if it's just because I've had a rough week or it's because my oxygen is still low. If I'm still feeling tired tomorrow, I'll go to the hospital and get oxygen.

I, too, hope you see improvement from the Rituxan soon and it keeps you in remission.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should look into an oximeter as well. I am usually curious as to what my O2 sats are.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rebekah View Post
    Thanks, I actually bought another oximeter to keep track of my oxygen levels and this one seems off too. I just took it and it said my O2 is 83 and HR is 36 bmp - I know my HR is not 36, I took it myself and it's 84 - so if my HR is off, I'm thinking O2 is also. I have had major fatigue today, woke up at 7am, studied a little and then watched the men's luge winter Olympics. By 11:00am I was tired and ended up falling asleep until 4:40pm. I'm still super tired, but I'm currently up watching basketball. I'm not sure if it's just because I've had a rough week or it's because my oxygen is still low. If I'm still feeling tired tomorrow, I'll go to the hospital and get oxygen.I, too, hope you see improvement from the Rituxan soon and it keeps you in remission.
    Rebekah, you just don't seem to have good luck with pulse oximeters. Make sure your hands are warm and still while waiting for the reading. Also don't stick your finger in too far, if it's touching the end it's too far. See if that helps. I love mine and use it frequently when I start panting. Amazing little dodad.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also if you have dark nailpolish on ,that can throw it off.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Also if you have dark nailpolish on ,that can throw it off.
    Thanks Debra I didn't know that. Good info.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My goodness, have I had bad luck with oximeters, this was the 3rd one I've tried. Yeah, I took my nail polish off with the previous oximeter thinking my red nail polish could be the problem, but nope. I think it might just be my usually cold little fingers that give me readings that are way off. I'll run them under warm water to help warm my fingers up and that doesn't help. I saw my pcp on Monday and their oximeter didn't get a reading, even the expensive ones don't always work for me. I give up... lol
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My O2 levels tend to run in the higher numbers. Last reading was 100 but 97 or 98 is my normal reading. When I had serious bleeding it would get down to low 90's so they started transfering me to ICU when ever it got under 95 cause they knew I was bleeding badly in my lungs. Almost all the machines yield same results from those in clinic or hospital to my drug store one I use at home.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12