Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Face normal at 6mg's - hurrah

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Face normal at 6mg's - hurrah

I walked past the mirror a few days ago and guess what I saw? The old me. A normal face. Hurrah. Other people have noticed it too. It happened at 6mgs of Prednisilone. Now I have no excuse for the extra weight I have on in other areas. Summer is on it's way here in Australia so what an incentive. I have been dropping Pred 1mg every 2 weeks so am very excited. Everything is feeling OK although it's interesting that despite my strange gait and spending so much time lying down etc over the past 15months I have not felt any stiffness, rheumaticcy pains or sore back etc. But now I am. I am guessing that the Pred supressed all that. I've also had a tooth flare up at 6mgs so I suspect it was also suppressing a nerve problem in my tooth. I write it up on the medications stream so read about it there.

Doug Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    I walked past the mirror a few days ago and guess what I saw? The old me. A normal face. Hurrah. Other people have noticed it too. It happened at 6mgs of Prednisilone. Now I have no excuse for the extra weight I have on in other areas. Summer is on it's way here in Australia so what an incentive. I have been dropping Pred 1mg every 2 weeks so am very excited. Everything is feeling OK although it's interesting that despite my strange gait and spending so much time lying down etc over the past 15months I have not felt any stiffness, rheumaticcy pains or sore back etc. But now I am. I am guessing that the Pred supressed all that. I've also had a tooth flare up at 6mgs so I suspect it was also suppressing a nerve problem in my tooth. I write it up on the medications stream so read about it there.
    "Gad!" Carol thought. "This buzzard's stalking me!"

Not really! Congratulations on losing your moonface!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Carol, your moon face is gone! I know you really don't miss it, Congratulations, it must feel wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Congrats! Well done! No way will you miss it
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you won't miss it. I mean, you can once again go through doors without turning sideways!! Maybe you can have a "Bye-bye Moon" party. The earth only needs one, you know....

And definitely even very low doses of pred mask a lot of aches and pains and even infections. I've been taking a mere 5 mg for the past 2 days. And I can't believe how much pain it takes away!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Does this mean you will now start having "moon pie" for dessert?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bye bye moon face here comes Carol, I noticed that even at 15 pred, but getting rid of that extra poundage is proving to be soooo hard. Good luck, let us know how you are doing with the battle of the bulge.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of preds, I went to my Rhuemy on Monday and my blood work came back better then ever so she wants to lower my preds from 80 to 70 mg for 1 week and then down to 60 for 2 weeks, 50 for two weeks and then I will have another appointment with her. I am a little nervous because I started at 60 preds when first diagnosed and every time I lower the preds WG seems to come back even stronger. I have an appointment on Thursday with my Opthomolgist and my rhuemy wants me to go over the pred plan with him to see if he agrees with it. She is working closely with him because my eyesight is being greatly affected by WG. She has also told me to up the preds on my own if I get down to low and just call and let her know, not to wait til she gets back to me. I would like to say wish me luck cause right now I feel the best I have in a while. Just need to follow that low fat, junk free diet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope everything keeps going well for you, Cindy. Very glad your docs are working together as a team.

You can't stay at such high doses of pred for very long, so if the Wegs comes back with lowering it again, you may need to switch the immunosuppressant you're on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats what my Rhuemy said about the high dose of preds. I did start out on methatrexate and that didn't work so now I am on cyclo and the retuxan. Do you or anyone else knows or experienced the loss of smell with this. I have not had the enjoyment of smelling anything for the last 10 months and was wondering what the chances it would come back.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast