Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre Wegs Pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I will probably have to find someone to scan an older picture.
    Phil, you can take a photo of the pic using I-phone or smartphone or other cell-phone who allow you to post the pic to the internet (mail, fb, etc) . you need to take the photo in good light conditions.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thread made me excited at first, glad to see some faces of people that I love

but after the first enthusiasm I feel sad
    I hope that I am not "spoilling" the "party"
    I just wanted to share my feelings
    I hope that it is ok

eventhough wg didn't influence much my appearance (saddle nose, depressing. although I allways though my nose should be smaller, and I here I got it. but I am less 15 kilo, because of colon involvement)

BUT it is the feeling of the loss, of the damages, of getting old and sick, of helpfulness, of the collapsing body, of pain and suffering, of the scary unknown of tomorrows...
    Not just about me, but about you my friends that I love.... what else may happen to us ?

not only with how we look, but how we handle living, breathing, flaring or not, the "shakyness" of our exsitence, becomes more vivid and painful and frightenning....

do you understand what I mean and why it made me sad ? (I have tears while writing it now)
    I am sorry if it doesn't fit here.
    Last edited by Alysia; 02-02-2014 at 02:19 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Phil, you can take a photo of the pic using I-phone or smartphone or other cell-phone who allow you to post the pic to the internet (mail, fb, etc) . you need to take the photo in good light conditions.
    In my case, I don't have a phone that takes pictures, so I just used an older but good digital camera with 4 megapixels and a flash. The pic went right onto my computer and is now on my desktop where it is easily accessible. It's a fun pic to share.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia, it is always OK to express your feelings here. I can understand your feeling sad, though it hasn't hit me that way yet. Part of this is it's just fun to see pics of the people we have come to love on here, whether or not they had Wegs at the time of the photo. It does make me sad to think about the future here, that we will have this for life and may see more losses or serious downturns within the group during the time we are still active on the forum. It is perfectly OK to bring up this aspect of looking a pics of our healthy selves, in my opinion.

You are a very sensitive and caring person, and we love you! I have always enjoyed seeing pics of you, on Facebook, mainly, saddle nose or not! Look at Lilly's magnificent pre-Wegs nose and tell me if yours was anything like that. Big noses are not always a bad thing. But your saddle nose, and mine, are not that bad.... I sincerely hope you go into a remission that allows you to consider getting yours fixed, since it would probably improve your outlook a lot, even though you do quite well with it the way it is.

Sending out big love and hugs to you!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Anne, now I am crying again, but good tears
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Alysia, I'm sorry you are sad. There is a certain amount of the grief process that we go through when we lose something whether it's due to age or illness. It sounds as if that is what you are going through. Also if you are on pred that can also make emotions run high. Whatever the reason I respect your feelings and hope you feel better soon. The future is always scary so it's important to live in the now, which is the only thing we have control of. Try to let go of the what if's about tomorrow. They may never come or come in a way you never imagined possible. If you need to talk more please feel free too. Hugs, hugs and more hugs to you.

PS I look nothing like that pic of me. I did love that dress though.
    Last edited by windchime; 02-02-2014 at 05:11 AM.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    PS I look nothing like that pic of me. I did love that dress though.
    That dress is to die for! And it looked especially good on you.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you so much Cindy for your kind words
    I don't need the pred to be emotional. this is me allways
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I tried to add my pic. I am not savvy about this web site. We shall see what appears. If there is a picture then what you see is a guy with WG for 35 years. If there is no pic- well, just think George Clooney
    ::Well, I have proven my non-savvyness. Some things are not meant to be
    Last edited by me2; 02-03-2014 at 02:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi George, You are looking great
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast