Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Headaches

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Headaches

Dr. Has been decreasing my prednisone. Just started 5mg on Saturday and I have been waking up with a headache every day since. Is this common?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say it is not too common though I have had mild headaches when tapering on the pred in the past.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only issue with pred tapering is if one does too much too fast, then headaches can occur cuz the inflammation can increase again slightly, thus giving one a headache (kind of like blood rushing to an area)...literally and figuratively!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have some headaces from time to time. but I think that they are because of sinus inflamations and/or ears issues.
    I have MRI of the brain next week. I hope my brain is ok.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy64 View Post
    Dr. Has been decreasing my prednisone. Just started 5mg on Saturday and I have been waking up with a headache every day since. Is this common?
    I get headaches for several days after tapering. More noticeable when I cough then it's bad.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    I have some headaces from time to time. but I think that they are because of sinus inflamations and/or ears issues.
    Alysia I hope your brain is okay too. I've had a brain MRI and it's an easy procedure. You do well. Good luck.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also believe my headaches are from my frontal sinuses in my forehead. They get infected, but they will not operate on them because it is risky. If it gets too bad in the future, they can do a surgery where they just basically "blow them out".......or crush them. They are small, but so close to the brain, so only in extreme circumstances will they even do it. My EENT just puts me on antibiotics if mine get hurting too bad.
    Alysa, I know everything will be fine. I get nervous before my every 2-3 yr ct scans, so I know exactly how you feel!! Its just like "What if?" But thats what diseases like ours do to us and others. It makes us gun shy. Its like, we got sick once, now whats to keep it from getting worse? But then, the scan/test etc. comes back OK, and that nice sigh of relief.......Its good to know Im OK for now! We just need to Trust that we are stronger than this disease, and we can face whatever it takes! Goodness knows that 23 years of this, yes I am tired of living with it, but I am glad to be living. I get depressed, it has stolen a lot from me, even my husband, but we just gotta keep going! Sorry I got off on a little tangent! Ive had a rough couple days, and a bit nervous about some things myself......but Im just trying to hold up and keep pushing myself. Lets just stay strong and do our best!
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    MRI brain results came: my brain is ok
    whew...
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay that's an excellent result Alysia.

However, that doesn't explain the headaches
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thrilled to hear that your brain is OK, Alysia!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast