36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Are your headaches gone now sweetie?
    most of them. yes. Thanks
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    Lisa where is your headache located? Usually tension headaches are felt at the base of the skull and can radiate up over to your forehead. Usual causes are being on your computer and looking down. Looking down at your tablet and phone for lengthy periods of time. These I have first hand experience with. Do some neck stretches and try a warm wrap or heating pad to the back of your head. You can get wraps that you throw into the microwave at most drug stores. The heat will help relax the muscles if they are tight.

With all that being said I would still mention it to my doc. I don't believe it's part of the standard assessment as wegs of the brain is rare. There are a few with it on here, but it's still rare. It could also be a side affect of one of your meds.
    Thanks Cindy, my headaches feel very much like tension headaches and I apply both heat and ice to the base of my skill and those 'looking down' neck muscles (sternocleidomastoids, don't ask me how I know this but it could be because they've been hurting for 30 years! ) I have a whole arsenal of pain management stuff I throw at them… heat wraps, creams, massagers, rolling on two tennis balls in a sock, sticky heat/ice wraps that you wear under your clothing etc. etc. I'm heading out for a massage appt. in half an hour and can't wait! I might even go nap afterwards at a friend's while my babysitter picks up my kids. I've been feeling like a need a peaceful, quiet few hours away from responsibilities… I think just to be on the safe side I will also ask one of my docs whether I need a brain scan. Then they will have effectively looked at every inch of my insides.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    I had terrible headaches when I tried to reduce my pred.
    I also went to neurologist who sent me to MRI to rule out brain involvement. the MRI was ok.
    I am in the midst of trying to taper down my prednisone, but the headaches started before both the prednisone and the taper… Still, it could be contributing. Glad to hear your headaches are better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa, hope you enjoyed the massage and it helped the headaches. Get your kids to give you a scalp massage. They will have fun and you will feel better.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great idea, Cindy! I sometimes have the kids walk on my back, but they end up fighting over me... The massage was amazing. It reassured me that my headaches are from muscle tension because she found all sorts of knots in my neck and around my jaw, at the base of my skull which refers pain to the eyes. I then went to my friend's place for lunch and a nap in her tempurpedic bed (comfiest bed in the world!) so as not to be woken up by my kids... I napped for two hours! Heavenly afternoon that definitely helped with both my pain and my anxiety. The two weeks between now and my next chest ct would go by more quickly and easily if I could do that every day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My headache is back with a vengeance. I notice it's overcast and 'heavy' outside today so wondering whether barometric pressure is affecting it. Feeling discouraged, but I know it will pass. Trying to get a hold of my GP for referral to pain clinic and MRI or neurologist. Just thought I'd share.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't doubt the barometric pressure. I know someone who complains about that all the time and I used to think she was a hypochondriac, but I've rethought that. I don't have the headaches but have begun to suspect it can affect ear and sinus pressure. Not to a huge degree for me but could be worse for others. I have searched the web on this subject and did find some feedback on it, suggesting it is a real phenomenon.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom's migraines are definitely worse/ more frequent depending on the pressure.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just have to whine a bit more. The worst thing about this is having to repeatedly tell my kids I 'can't play', or do whatever else they're asking me to do with them or for them. Hubby has plans to keep them pretty busy this week but has a dental appt. today. They've had way too much screen time and too little mommy time. I will feel less guilty when my sitter arrives and they do something more active. Of course, they can do active things without her, but they argue a lot and both seem to be enjoying lazing around today... I don't have the strength to keep redirecting. They have a TON of toys, books, puzzles, art supplies and projects, outdoor things like water guns, balls and games, even a trampoline... So it's not for lack of things to do.
    - English proverb.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast