Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Interesting, I think

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Interesting, I think

I have heard this before and forgot about it until my oncology appoint last year.
    The oncologist mused that its thought that people of European decent tend to have auto-immune diseases such a Wegeners, Arthritis , lupus and so on. People of say, Nordic decent or English tend to have diseases that include MS, Parkinsons, and other neurologic disorders. My great grand parents on my dads side came from France, and moms side I assume was Irish, English or some combo of both given the sir name of Smith and other that could sound a little bit English. The oncologist says he finds that it holds true with his patients not necessarily based in fact.

Another thing I learned while doing my chemo in 2006, I would get ripples on my thumb nails. He told me that each ripple represented each treatment I had. It was one of the effects of the chemo.

Just a couple things I wanted to share although irrelevant. I like fun acts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, I got the 'event' ripples in thumb and large toe nails...weird. As for regions and their effects on the body...it may be an interesting study for someone to do, but fact is not always truth...so we'll see.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am English, Irish and Native American. I have ripples in my fingernails but have not had that type of chemo.
    Weird.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm irish/italian. just sharing
    Smile, breathe and go slowly. Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful. Thich Nhat Hahn

dxn 11/13

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I can tell, totally English. Only WG.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014