Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dizzy and off balance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default dizzy and off balance

My husband was diagnosed November 19, 2013. He had 4 infusions of Rituxan and is on Prednisone and Methotrexate and the Bactrim 3x a week. He passed out once in the shower two days after his 5 week long hospital stay. He hasn't experienced any dizziness since then until recently. For the past week he has been complaining of extreme pressure in his head/sinuses and a dizzy feeling and not having balance. Yesterday morning, I heard him calling for me and he was on the floor in our bedroom. He was in the shower and got out and sat on the toilet and then felt like he was going to pass out and crawled into the bedroom. I took him to his rheumatologist. She thought it might be related to sinus pressure and sent him right to an ENT. The ENT took a culture from his nose to test for a sinus infection. Then they tested his hearing which was normal and then they did one quick test where they put his head back and to the side and he did not get dizzy or have rapid eye movement. They want to schedule a vestibular test once they determine whether or not he has a sinus infection. I think he should go straight for a CT scan or MRI of the head. Anybody else experience this dizzy, off-balance sensation? Any suggestions for us?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't what to think about this. What did the ENT say when looking at his ear drums?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Phil,

The ENT said the ear drums looked normal. And the audiologist who performed the hearing test and the test to try to "induce" that dizziness said everything was completely normal. My mother-in-law just contacted me to say that his MD is sending him straight to the ER. He is there now. I am praying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was diagnosed in late August, had the 4 rtx infusions, now having an infusion every 2 months, coming up on my 6th one next week. I have bouts of dizziness but have always thought it was my sinuses. Haven't had one in a while, they seem to happen to me more with the drastic weather change. I am seeing an
    ENT in February, haven't seen one since my diagnosis so looking forward to that. My trouble started in my ears, then ended up in my lungs, thank god no kidney involvement yet. I am trying to ween off pred's, down to 2.5 a day, but have been running a low grade fever for the last 3 nights, so don't know whats going on, so discouraged because my ct scan 2 weeks ago was great!! I did go for blood work today, and a chest xray and flu nasal swap. See the doc tomorrow! I guess I'm hoping its the flu, that's a first I guess!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a similar bout with dizziness/passing out...it turned out to be a bad mix of drugs: a blood pressure pill prescribed from stay in hospital and continued at home mixed with Simvastatin...NOT a good combo as my BP just dropped out of sight when I arose quickly OR was in a steamy/enclosed shower...go figure, I'm not the doc, but that's what it turned out.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christine--I hope the ER can get to the bottom of this, my prayers that he will be better soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update - he is still in the ER. He had a CT Scan and they just sent him for an MRI. The MD who examined him asked me about his face (his right eye is sunken in and squinty and his left eyebrow seems higher than the right). His whole facial symmetry is off. I told the Dr that he definitely didn't look that way this morning. He did some tests with him with lights, etc and then he mentioned possible stroke! They really just don't know. They said there is absolutely some type of nerve impingement to cause the double vision, blurred vision in his right eye and the facial stuff, but they don't know what's causing it. My poor, sweet husband has been through SO much as I know you all have been. I think of you all with this crazy illness and am beyond impressed with your strength and resilience. Bless you all! And thanks again for the support and advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no, this is horrible Christine. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your husband.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you get some answers and soon. Praying it's not a stroke or anything serious. Hang in there you are a strong person and can get through this.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I hope that things are getting better already... my prayers are with you.... please update us.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast