Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dizzy and off balance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes hang in there Christine, we will all be praying in our own way for you and hubby. We just went through a scare a few weeks ago so I know how you are feeling. I agree, our poor husbands and all the weggies here have so much to deal with. They are learning more and more every day from them and one day there will be a cure!

PLEASE KEEP US POSTED - hugs!
    - You can judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allisonquast View Post
    Yes hang in there Christine, we will all be praying in our own way for you and hubby. We just went through a scare a few weeks ago so I know how you are feeling. I agree, our poor husbands and all the weggies here have so much to deal with. They are learning more and more every day from them and one day there will be a cure!

PLEASE KEEP US POSTED - hugs!
    And look after yourself ! This is hard on you too.
    - You can judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did he have leg pain, or possible a clot? If it let loose it could have passed to lungs. That is what happened to me and brought dizziness and almost teetering when walking. Might ask about blood sugar and diabetes, I went down one day with that too. In my thoughts and keep us posted.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Christine, I have had some bouts of light-headed-ness over the past month or so. The first time it happened I was walking into Target, got dizzy, was looking for a cart to hold onto or somewhere to sit and then my knees buckled and down onto the floor I went. Luckily I did not hurt myself. I told my doctor, whom I saw about 2 days later and he said it was probably a combo of side effects of the various drugs I'm taking, probably specifically Lasix, so told me to cut it down from every day to 3 times a week. A week later the same thing happened, but this time it was while entering my house. Unfortunately this time I broke my leg in the process. I am now in a "boot" for the next 4 weeks. I still am getting light headed occasionally, but I take getting up and moving around much more slowly now and am hoping for no more accidents!
    I hope they figure out what's going on with your husband and that he is ok. Fingers crossed!!!
    Mary
    dx'd Janaury 2013
    involvement: lungs, kidney and sinus

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marylz View Post
    Hi Christine, I have had some bouts of light-headed-ness over the past month or so. The first time it happened I was walking into Target, got dizzy, was looking for a cart to hold onto or somewhere to sit and then my knees buckled and down onto the floor I went. Luckily I did not hurt myself. I told my doctor, whom I saw about 2 days later and he said it was probably a combo of side effects of the various drugs I'm taking, probably specifically Lasix, so told me to cut it down from every day to 3 times a week. A week later the same thing happened, but this time it was while entering my house. Unfortunately this time I broke my leg in the process. I am now in a "boot" for the next 4 weeks. I still am getting light headed occasionally, but I take getting up and moving around much more slowly now and am hoping for no more accidents!
    I hope they figure out what's going on with your husband and that he is ok. Fingers crossed!!!
    Mary so sorry you broke your leg. Goodness. Are you on blood pressure meds. Sometimes they can make you dizzy. Just a thought. Stay safe.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marylz, So sorry you broke your leg. That has been a major concern for me with my husband - that he will get injured. Whenever he says he feels dizzy, I immediately tell him to get on the floor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lot of things can cause dizzyness or feeling lightheaded. Meds, low blood pressure or heart issues, and strokes are most common causes.

Wegs gave me vestibular hypofunction along with loss of hearing in my right ear. This resulted in poor balance and a need for vestibular rehab. I still wobble when I walk and have to be very careful not fall over, especially if I close my eyes.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12