Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinprick like dots?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pinprick like dots?

I have several teeny tiny little pinprick sized red dots all over my shoulders and abdomen. It was just a small sprinkle of them but now it's like they are everywhere. They are all spread out and bright bright red. When I went into the dermatologist for the ring worm from hell that won't go away, she brushed them off as nothing. But .... I'm getting more.

Anyone else ever had something like this?? They don't hurt or itch but it seems like I get more of them all the time!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like it could be a Vasculitic rash, but not sure. I don't think I have every had one so I can't really comment on this.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds a bit like a WG rash of sorts. Also, if your pred is going up, could be the acne from that. The bright red bothers me, do they itch, bleed? Probably should have a your dermy consider a WG rash first, then if it's less than that, no problem.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't itch at all. I just have the dots.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any fever or feeling of being warm in those areas?
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry Nikki, that you cant have peace or some "vacation" from the body's suffering...
    did you see pics of wg-rash at fb ? is it similar ? can you attach pic that we can see it ?
    I think you should call your doc and ask her.
    lots of hugs to you. I hope it will disapear soon.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had WG rash on my arms and shins, prior to diagnosis.
    It was itchy and hot - kind of like sunburn gets.

I'm not sure on the non-itchy variety.
    Have you eaten anything different lately?

Best to get it checked out

I agree with Alysia - you need a break
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I flare I get a vasculitic rash on my legs, not itchy. My rheumy always checks all my joints for rashes when I see him. The only 'dots' I have had were early on when I had one on the end of each finger and toe! It was slightly unusual that they were photographed by another rheumy for his collection!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki,I get little red dots on my hands and then they will go away after a day or 2. They don't itch either.I sometimes get them when I run my hands under hot water. Maybe you got it from the sun or sweating while walking.If it doesn't go away soon definately get it checked out.I guess that want happens in 70 degree weather, I don't remember
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki, it's DEFINATELY a form of vasculitis! I got them on the palms of my hands an bottom of my feet. If I closed my hand in a fist, they would feel like little pin pricks and sting a little. I would also get some other places like my legs, but not a lot of them. The first 5-7 years of my wegeners, If I started to get those pinpricks on my hands of feet, it was a definate sign of a flare up. My dr would go up on me prednisone, and they would go away In about 2 wks. Hope this is useful to you. And btw....I don't get them anymore. It seems like the longer I have wegeners , it changes...��
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast