Likes Likes:  0

Thread: caught the flu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default caught the flu

Came down with it last Friday night. Came to hospital Sat. morning about 4AM when my throat started swelling from the coughing. When I arrived my heart rate was 135. Admitted and now after 4 days I am finally feeling better. No fever and heart rate back to normal. they did a echo cardigram and ct scan on lungs. lungs showed some inflamation still waiting for other results. I did have the flu shot. The hospital is full. Can't wait to go home. Everyone please check your heart rate if you get it. this was not fun,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you're on the mend. Hope you get home soon. Hospitals are full of sick people, and that's not good for us weggies.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, no. I am glad to hear you were on top of it, got treatment, and are over the hump. I'm also glad you could connect here while in the hospital! Thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry for you.
    be careful and ask the team to protect you in the environment as much as possible. for example not to wait to your turn for tests in a too crowdy place with too many sick people around.
    I hope you will soon recover ! prayers and hugs to you
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so glad you are better Merideth. Do you have previous damage to your lungs from the Wegs?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003