Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone here that has dealt with social security disability

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am trying to be. I work part-time and get no benefits so we didn't have a 2nd income from July 31 st till the 2nd week of Jan of 2010 when I was released back into the public. The medical bills were piling up. Also if ANYTHING happens to my current job, I know that I can't work then because of my condition. At least what I have experience in. And us Weggies have to watch our stress levels. But I am lucky that my hubby has really good insurance.
    Weggies UNITE!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang in there, Carly. It'll work out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had my disability hearing set for 07/07/10. I drove over an hour to get there, was freaking out all week about going in front of the judge. The judge called my lawyer in to her room and told him that they would not be able to hear my case because she just received my updated medical information the week before. So my hearing was rescheduled for 09/23/10. Are you kidding me! Two years I have not been cleared for work. I was denied the first time in June of 08 then denied a second time Request for reconsideration in May of 09 then had 60 days apply for an appeal hearing. My lawyer is through my long term disability company that I have been receiving through my former employer. (Was terminated due to year long absence due to illness) Union guidelines. I am not sure what you mean by wegner's being on the approval list? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Sorry this pred head can't remember who responded to my original post about the approval list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

14.00-Immune-Adult

D.-(14.03)- 2.a-ii
    Weggies UNITE!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I applied and was rejected. I think I am capable of working part-time. Just hard to find anything at the moment.

I am nervous because I have worked with some pretty lazy people and I do not want to appear to be that way.

My sisters law firm works with ssd. She said she could appeal my case but I said no I really do not think I am unable to work I just have to find the right job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you can find a job soon that is suitable for you Julia. And one that is not too taxing mentally and physically. I know it can be hard to find a job especially with our limitations and today's economic crisis.

God Bless,
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Julia, I feel your pain. Wish I could find a part-time job that is not too stressful. It's tight out there. Hope you find something that you will like Julia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julia View Post
    I applied and was rejected. I think I am capable of working part-time. Just hard to find anything at the moment.

I am nervous because I have worked with some pretty lazy people and I do not want to appear to be that way.

My sisters law firm works with ssd. She said she could appeal my case but I said no I really do not think I am unable to work I just have to find the right job.
    Don't be too quick to not appeal, years ago I sat on the board of directors for a non-profit law center, it was common knowledge then that the first go around almost always got denied, but the case was won on appeal. It may be harder to re-file than to appeal. Just a thought, I know you want to work part time and I hope you find something soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwarrior View Post
    years ago I sat on the board of directors for a non-profit law center,
    Thank you for doing that. Kudos to anyone who helps defend the powerless of the world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12