Ok 4 more doctor appointments this week.

Started out with the PC who is just keeping track of me at this point. She is also board certified in Infectious Diseases. She did want me to have the Pneumonococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV13 vaccine) This is the pediatric dose, but it immunizes against 13 strains that cause the most severe infections in children and about half the infections in adults. It is recommended for children and people with health issues. My doctor said it was especially important for immunosuppressed people. One of the strains that it covers is Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteria. That was my take away from that visit. Got the shot, no reactions.

Next was the Pulmonologist. Found out that the whistle that I've developed is in the back of my throat and not my bronchs. Still short of breath with not much effort. Lungs are clear as they get, no wheezing anyway. ANCA was negative and sed rate was normal. No surprise there. He did extend my time out of work until February 15th with my next visit to him on Feb 14th. Happy Valentine's Day to me.

Next on to the neurologist. Oh let's see since I fainted last week he wants to do an EEG and Brain MRI. Also agreed that some of my neuropathy in my feet could be caused by Wegs. Hallelujah a doc that is listening to me. Will probably get the EEG depending on insurance, but the MRI will have to wait. First of the years deductibles and a high copay on an MRI. Being on STD doesn't give me much money wiggle room.

Today I finally got to see the Cardiologist. I was referred to him for possible pulmonary hypertension as the right side of the pulmonary artery in enlarged. I think this is correct. It does have to do with the right side. Before i saw him I did a 6 minute walk test to determine what my oxygen levels did. I started out with a pulse ox of 92, not great, but it is what it is. About halfway through I was pretty winded and a little lightheaded. It had dropped to 86. Rested a bit and finished the walk ending up with an 87. BP was a little high too even though I'm on BP meds. Doc said he wanted to do an EchoCardioGram and a Heart Catheterization which is truly the only way to diagnose Pulmonary Hypertension. Luckily my insurance covers the Echo at a 100% which is good. Unfortunately the Cath is going to cost me about $1800. Sorry don't have it. So I'm going to check with the VA and see if I can get them to cover the Cath or perform it if they won't pay for it. That, however, will probably take several months to even get the appointment with Cardiology. He did assure me that I wouldn't die of a heart attack before then. I'm holding him to that. He did say that he wants me to be on oxygen when I walk as it will help with the breathlessness. If that will help I'm all for it. It will hopefully be short term until he is able to make a diagnosis and I can start some kind of treatment. This was one of my most important doctor appointments at least for me.

I had an appt with a Mayo Rheumy this week but canceled it. I was able to move my local Rheumy appt to the 16th and I didn't really want to step on her toes. My PC said she is an excellent Rheumy and fights like a bull dog for her patients. She is also well versed with Wegs. So I'll let you know how that all turns out next week. Just consider this my continuing saga. Leaving you with...........