Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 Doctor visits this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy,I had found out that I have copd and emphazema (sp) and periodacially have a hard time breathing. They saw that in a ct. Was that ever looked at ?
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Cindy,I had found out that I have copd and emphazema (sp) and periodacially have a hard time breathing. They saw that in a ct. Was that ever looked at ?
    My last CT from October didn't show that, but that was before the bronchoscopy which seems to have exacerbated it. My O2 level is 94 at rest and drops to 84 when I get up and walk. We may be headed down the COPD road. I see the pulm on the 12th. Doc just extended my time out of work to June 1st. So that is one thing I don't have to worry about right now.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also thinking my bronchial dilations are making my breathing worse over time. I have gotten a lung infection 4 of the 5 regular dilations I have had and I know each lung infection does more damage. Since the last dilation last month I feel like I have lost a lot of ground.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has your doctor considered Rituxin instead of cytoxin?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I am also thinking my bronchial dilations are making my breathing worse over time. I have gotten a lung infection 4 of the 5 regular dilations I have had and I know each lung infection does more damage. Since the last dilation last month I feel like I have lost a lot of ground.
    I would think that each infection leaves scar tissue which then needs the dilation. So it becomes a vicious circle, damned if you do and damned if you don't. Think it would help to take antibiotics before the procedure?
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is what I asked already of the lung doc and he said no. It will make me more resistant to antibiotics. I will ask again to see if he thinks 2 days before would be of any benefit.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sectech1 View Post
    Has your doctor considered Rituxin instead of cytoxin?
    Thanks for suggesting that, in fact I see my Rheumy on the 4th and plan on asking her about doing that.

Phil, I hate to seem dumb, but what is the difference between taking an antibiotic two days before versus taking one for two weeks after? Seems like the two days before, if it works, would be preferable. I'm just sayin'......
    Last edited by windchime; 01-24-2014 at 12:50 AM.
    Cindy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    I'm a chicken, there I've said it. I see the pulmy on the 12th and I'll see what he wants to do.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    Phil, I hate to seem dumb, but what is the difference between taking an antibiotic two days before versus taking one for two weeks after? Seems like the two days before, if it works, would be preferable. I'm just sayin'......
    I agree. Phil, maybe there is a need to do some more "research" and more thinking about the dillations and the state of your lungs and what next. I know that you have good docs and that you trust them.
    I tend to be "suspicious" and to challenge the docs and ask them to think "outside of the box". I would suggest that they will do kind of "case conference" with multiple experts and think thoroughly about you. I hope you can find enough "courage" to ask them to do it. you def deserve it
    meantime I am sending to you lots of hugs and prayers
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I will write a letter to my lung doc.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast