Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: hearing loss ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much every one
    it sounds even more scary now, MRI, ha ?
    when did I first notice it ? I can't tell for sure because it is subtle and the reaction is only to loud noises. the train's noise is making me pains for couple of months. but latley I feel these things more and more. I try to avoid loud noises.
    I hope it is not neural or irreverible...
    btw- one ear is aching more then the other.... maybe is started with the ear infection I had couple of months ago ? can't remember...but that ear was the more aching one...
    anyway, thanks again for being with me. hugs to everyone. to be continued....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alysia, I experience the same syptoms as you have described. AT the first sign of WG I went to a hearing consultant who said there was nothing wrong with me! But over the past 5 years my hearing syptoms have changed and now, like you, there are certain sounds that get right into my head and are very painfull.
    Despite that, I would say that my hearing has not declined, in fact I would say at times that it is "too sensitive" and I am unable to filter out extraneous (sp?) sounds. I can be at a party and struggling to have a conversation with a friend, although I can hear every word of another converstaion across the room!! It can be very interesting but then frustrating

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Hi Alysia, I experience the same syptoms as you have described. AT the first sign of WG I went to a hearing consultant who said there was nothing wrong with me! But over the past 5 years my hearing syptoms have changed and now, like you, there are certain sounds that get right into my head and are very painfull.
    Despite that, I would say that my hearing has not declined, in fact I would say at times that it is "too sensitive" and I am unable to filter out extraneous (sp?) sounds. I can be at a party and struggling to have a conversation with a friend, although I can hear every word of another converstaion across the room!! It can be very interesting but then frustrating
    I thought it only happened to us people with hearing aids since they often have microphones on both ends of aids and they amplify the distant sounds more than the closer sounds.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    I thought it only happened to us people with hearing aids since they often have microphones on both ends of aids and they amplify the distant sounds more than the closer sounds.
    I'm guessing it happens to different people for different reasons. My hearing aids may not be the latest state of the art, but they do have an adjustment for reducing background noise. I have adjusted pretty well to them, after hearing horror stories from people, say whose husbands have them, telling me I will never get used to them. Hogwash! People with greater hearing loss than I have, or with complete loss, may have more trouble this way than I do, I realize. I am thankful to have my aids, and that they work as well as they do, though they are not perfect. However, I wish that those with any kind of hearing issues will be able to get them resolved without having to get hearing aids.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had rapid hearing loss right before I was diagnosed. A course of prednisone and eventual remission took care of that and I got most of my hearing back. I still have issues with my eustachian tubes (the tube that connects the inner ear with the sinuses). They tend to hang open...which can cause some sounds (especially those that I make) really loud.

Any issues with hearing especially sucks. Hang in there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by norcalian View Post
    I had rapid hearing loss right before I was diagnosed. A course of prednisone and eventual remission took care of that and I got most of my hearing back. I still have issues with my eustachian tubes (the tube that connects the inner ear with the sinuses). They tend to hang open...which can cause some sounds (especially those that I make) really loud.

Any issues with hearing especially sucks. Hang in there!
    Spot on. My own voice amplified 10x. Last time Wife and I went bird watching, the only warbling was coming from my own throat. Had me going for awhile. Wanted to find that bird. Sometimes we laugh.
    . . . we proceed on - Lewis and Clark journals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks everyone. it is scary wg attacks the senses losing my sense of smell for a while was not so bad at least I can still see and trying to maintain some sense of humor
    it is strange, since it is like you describe Geoff: more sensitive hearing:things sounds more loudly then before.
    my wg activity should have calm down after 2 rounds of rtx, and it is, but maybe not enough
    the most bothering thing is that the ears are aching from the loud noises.
    at least I will not have to wait much now: regularly, getting time for the test today is for the end of Feb, but I checked if there are some cancellations, and I got a test for tomorow morning
    wish me luck
    Last edited by Alysia; 01-07-2014 at 03:30 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck, Alysia, with your appointment. I hope they figure it out and can treat it.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had hearing loss with initial wegs; felt (and sounded) like I was underwater. Everything was muffled. I didn't experience any loud noises though.

It improved greatly once I got treatment though; and I think my hearing is pretty much back to where it was. One ear (the bad one) still acts up on occasion and might not be as perfect as it used to be - but I will take it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck tommorrow Alysia with your test. I haven't had any problems with my hearing so I couldn't offer you any suggestions,but did read the whole blog. I am glad your appt. got moved up and you don't have to wait a month.I'll be praying everything will turn out fine,sending you a hug. Let us know when you get home !
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast