Thread: When Two Weggies Meet...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When Two Weggies Meet...

Hi to everyone!
    My wife (Mary Beth) and I met CoffeeLover (Lisa) and her husband, Dennis and their daughter today in Rochester. It was great to finally meet someone else who has WG and ask questions and just talk about our situations. We had a really nice visit and hopefully will be able to get together again. We talked about prednisone and the weight gain that goes with it and we thought of getting some t-shirts that say something like "Body By Prednisone" or something to that effect and use them as a fund raiser for Vasculitis Foundation. Any thoughts about this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, Lisa is out to set a world record meeting Weggies.

I've seen funny pred t-shirts on butyoudontlooksick.com I think.

Doug Guest

Whoa! That Lisa! The t-shirt is a good idea! Do you know any place where they sell XXXXXL, my size?

Congratulations, too, on meeting the Coffeelovers. Very nice people! I'm not sure why it makes a difference to meet someone else with the disease, especially since every Weggie's story is so different, but I'm still buzzing from the experience.

Who's going to be next? Come on East Coasters! You aren't going to let those Brits beat you to be the next weggies to meet other weggies, are you? The Canadians are looking a bit cozy, too, looking like they might just sneak a peak at each other before you East Coasters even know what hit you. For that matter, Lisa's on a roll, and her normal speed ("near normal"?) seems to be full out as best I can tell from the brief encounter and what Dennis Coffeelover says. For that matter, what's happening in with those Aussies?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like "The Amazing Race." But slower. In Weggie time.

Doug Guest

Body by Prednisone T-shirt from Zazzle.com

Duane and Lisa- With a few minutes to spare, I created this "Body by Prednisone" t-shirt, which I see comes in XXXXXXL! It sells for $20.10 plus shipping and handling, 15% of which is the creator's profit, i.e. Vasculitis Foundation gets it. The profit magin usually is 10% on this t-shirt, but you can adjust it to whatever the market will bear. This has been set up in my account, however. If we went ahead with a t-shirt, we probably shouyld set up a separate account where the profits could go directly to Vasculitis Foundation. There probably are legal issues, too, using the name Prednisone (Who knows? This is America!), and Vasculitis Foundation might have to sign off on having its name on the back, even though all profits come to them.

As soon as you two let me know what you think, I'm going to delete this shirt design, take it off sale, until the icky details are settled. This was created just to show you it's easy, and I can help. I thought about taking a side view of me in the mirror for illustration purposes, but thought, "Haven't I suffered enough???" Ha!
    Last edited by Doug; 08-24-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too funny, Doug. Should help us locate each other when we start gathering in larger groups.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Too funny, Doug. Should help us locate each other when we start gathering in larger groups.

Is that a "fat" joke? Listen, lady, this is a "body by Prednizone"! Ha!

If we ever managed to get everyone to show up at some central point, the t-shirts would be a great way to keep us organized. Hadn't thought about that. Sort of like a family reunion souvenir! Another t-shirt could say: "weggie" (other side "it has nothing to do with your [nickers/ pants/ DVD's]" (Since each nationality has its preference for what to call them, that would be a further signal to the family members where the stray came from.) Cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the design, mark my words the skuls will make it a huge sucess.
    Jolanta

Doug Guest

Yeah! That's a neat font!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW!

You guys are awesome! I need to do alot of catching up. How fun!Again...haven't been on for a while. Busy at work, and getting my kids ready for college and as Doug says, in my energizer bunny ways, still trying to exercise, and practice guitar and stay on top of laundry and housework....arghhh I am exhausted thinking about it!

Well first I want to say that I truely enjoyed my time with Duane and his wife. They are both fabulous people! We live so close that I do hope we can get together more often. Duane has a wonderful wife (and as my husband pointed out to me----- spouses of weggies are the best kind of people!)

We talked about the Prednisone body and other drug related complications. We talked about the similarities and differences with this disease and most of all we laughed and enjoyed each others company. Duane has a very strong and supportive wife who has a wonderful sense of storytelling and a great sense of humor. She will be in his corner through thick and thin and I know Duane knows how lucky he is to have her. I can't wait until our next meeting.

Now that I am close to remission these meetings (Doug and Duane) make me want to travel the countries and visit with everyone. Financially not a possibility (got medical bills believe it or not!) but would be so fun!

I strongly encourage as much of this "weggie meeting" as possible. My time with Doug is still fresh on my mind and I smile each time I think about it and this recent meeting with Duane was so great and hopefully a continual event.

Oh by the way. I love the T shirt! I'd say lets go with it! Doug I am willing to let you take the ball and run with it. I simply do not have the time right now. Duane, any thoughts?

I see my rhuemy next week and am hoping to taper down on the pred again.....so I will just use the t shirt as an excuse IF I happen to slim down some. (big IF!)

glad to be connected again. Gotta go read the rest of what I missed

photo of Duane and I forthcoming
    Coffeelover-Lisa
    Last edited by coffeelover; 08-25-2009 at 10:34 AM. Reason: add

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast