Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When Two Weggies Meet...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Doug, I think the shirt is great too! If you don't mind taking care of things that would be wonderful. I have not been feeling the best for the last few days--I think its the methatrexate and the pred--and just don't have the energy to do anything. I am making it to work and that is about it.
    I think we should really try to plan some kind of get-together. Maybe we could come up with somewhere that is centrally located (like within a days drive) and meet for the weekend or something.

Doug Guest

wegener's cup design, support- research- answer... mug from Zazzle.com

Well, Lisa Coffeelover, how about a Vasculitis Foundation money raising coffee mug?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of a coffee mug, but I'm not so sure about the sad face. Maybe a funny comment instead of the disease name? My funny cells have gone to bed before me or you know I'd suggest something.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DuaneHart View Post
    Hey Doug, I think the shirt is great too! If you don't mind taking care of things that would be wonderful. I have not been feeling the best for the last few days--I think its the methatrexate and the pred--and just don't have the energy to do anything. I am making it to work and that is about it.
    I think we should really try to plan some kind of get-together. Maybe we could come up with somewhere that is centrally located (like within a days drive) and meet for the weekend or something.
    At this point, I'm the retired one, I have a new car, I'm in remission and feel pretty good most of the time (when I don't over do it- don't tell Lisa and Dennis Coffeelover!), and I have GoogleEarth Pro on my computer to make neat travel maps. Halfway between Rochester and Saint Peter is about 90 miles, if I recall correctly. I'll do a GoogleEarth visit to see what's weird between your two towns, and maybe there's a plan in the works! A threefer would be fun! Or maybe we could get an official visit to Mayo Clinic! (p.s. Lisa's the one who collects weirdness along highways, perhaps Dennis, too!)
    Last edited by Doug; 08-26-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    I like the idea of a coffee mug, but I'm not so sure about the sad face. Maybe a funny comment instead of the disease name? My funny cells have gone to bed before me or you know I'd suggest something.

I see what you mean. Put your funny cap on and make a suggestion. These designs are easy to whip out! (Get well rested first, though!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I chased down a tumbleweed in South Dakota and it is now in our home. Sometimes weirdness along highways is fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug, maybe something like "When you've got Wegener's, you get used to a new normal" with the word "normal" written all goofy. Maybe an upside down stick person or something alongside it. You get the gist--I'm sure you can do better than I can at it! You've got a real creative streak.

Doug Guest

Yeah! I think that is something we can go with. (That's always the poison words: "we can"- just kidding Gods of Perversity!) I'll do some doodles and see what shows up.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DuaneHart View Post
    I chased down a tumbleweed in South Dakota and it is now in our home. Sometimes weirdness along highways is fun!

My kind of guy! Heck, spray paint them silver and hang Christmas tree ornaments on them, if you are of that persuation! Go out in a pasture after a fatal season for cows, collect a skull and pelvis, any stray bones the coyotes and rodents haven't knawed and carried away, and you have wonderful yard ornaments that can serve as warning to neighbors, too! Ha!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duane,

After meeting you I know that you are telling the truth about chasing down a tumble weed! I find that fantastic. Doug is right...I like strange things along the highway of life.

Doug-What a great idea a COFFEE MUG! How about a moon face cartoon character? I like the "new normal" idea as well and really why not a tumble weed. After all, isn't that what we feel like most of the time?

One hour before coffee time! Can't wait! Whose joining me?

LIsa Coffeelover

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast