User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you a no meat eater / Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw food eater ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are you a no meat eater / Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw food eater ?

Are you a no meat eater / Vegetarian / Vegan / Raw food eater ?
    I have been a veggie/vegan for many years and I am interested in how many of our flock are of the same leaning.
    It is a fact that an alkali diet is better than an acid one, and meat and dairy is all acid food whereas most (not all) vegetables are the opposite.
    All best for 2014
    Stephen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are new to WG since this summer. I have taken some cues from this site and done some reading. We have made some changes that will hopefully compliment my hubs treatment. He has WG and I am the household shopper and "chef". We are following the principles of an anti-inflammatory diet. We eat A LOT more fruit and veggies. Trying to find organic when possible. We have reduced dairy significantly(by using almond milk, etc.) We rarely eat beef and have increased fish—mostly salmon.
    It’s hard to say yet if it’s been effective for Darren's WG. But my own BP is lower and my chronically achy shoulder is much better

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a meat and vegie eater........more white meat than red.

A lot of vegetables and fruits cause inflammation for me, so I am a very basic eater.

My daughter was diagnosed with a condition called Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome.
    From a very early age, she has tried many different eating choices - vegetarian, vegan, no red meat, only fish and veg, dairy free, gluten free, sugar free etc.
    - and not one of these eating choices changed the way she felt, or changed her condition.

Therefore, this has lead me to the thoughts that it doesn't matter what you eat ie. I am a meat eater and you are a veggie/vegan - makes no difference really.......we still both have WG. Obviously it wasn't our food choice that found us with this condition
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been a vegetarian since I was five. It was a moral choice though, and not based on health so its more in the way that I order my pizza with veggie toppings and not that I'd grow my own sprouts or something.

After the diagnosis and reading about inflammatory foods and reduced the amount of white flour that I eat. I used to eat pasta almost daily, but replaced spaghetti with something that looks similar and is made of rice (not as delicious though). I have also started eating Omega 3 capsules. My stomach feels less upset, like in the spring I had a lot more flatulence than I do now. Dunno if it has anything to do with the diet, or if its the meds or something.

I also bought a book on anti-inflammatory foods, but it doesn't seem to be too great.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I have colon involvement, therefore I can't eat a lot of things. my GI doc told me NOT to eat meat. only chicken or fish. but I can't eat vegetebles and fruits as well, only apples and potatos.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am vegan about 95% of the time. When I'm out I eat whatever is available. I made the change for ethical reasons so I figure every little bit helps. It's my choice & I don't bug other folks about their choices. I also cook for my Omni husband but he does eat my vegan food about 3x a week. I don't know if its made a difference health wise --that's the sort of thing you really can't prove.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wegetarian View Post
    After the diagnosis and reading about inflammatory foods and reduced the amount of white flour that I eat. I used to eat pasta almost daily, but replaced spaghetti with something that looks similar and is made of rice (not as delicious though).
    Dan, you could also try buckwheat noodles. I can't promise that they'd be as delicious as white flour pasta, but they might be better than rice noodles. And I have done the research in books and other literature on the subject, and buckwheat is not wheat and does not contain gluten, and is not considered to be an inflammatory food. I know the Japanese use these noodles in Soba dishes. I have seen them in the stores, but you need to check the label to make sure they are pure buckwheat and contain no wheat. I imagine you'd have to shop around for the best prices, too. The ones I saw in a mainstream store were expensive, for a small amount, and I didn't buy them. Maybe look for someplace that would have them in bulk.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a veggie. In fact 'weggie' always reminds me of a 'veggie' (burger). X

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm probably the odd ball. I border on carnivore I suppose. I'm a bit cursed in that I'm annoyingly picky. Most vegetables I don't like the flavor or consistency of. I wonder what dictates what it is that people like? Cause at this point I really wish I liked a bunch of other foods better as I know they are healthier for me.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    I think I'm probably the odd ball. I border on carnivore I suppose. I'm a bit cursed in that I'm annoyingly picky. Most vegetables I don't like the flavor or consistency of. I wonder what dictates what it is that people like? Cause at this point I really wish I liked a bunch of other foods better as I know they are healthier for me.

I'm with you Bob
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast