User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOOT WOOT!!!!!! That is awesome to hear about your gluten free diet Marta. A friend of mine said he went gluten free a few years back for a few months and didn't notice any changes, but I suspect it was not 100%. I have never tried 100% to go gluten free but now I feel I really want to after reading not only did you lose a lot of weight but that Hana's behavior has improved. I'm glad you are feeling better. How does Brian feel? So is gluten found in anything else besides bread, crackers, pasta and baked goods? Did you notice a change in mucus from your nose or lungs?

Please share some pics of your bathroom. I love your house
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did 1.24 miles today. I went a little longer.
    Day two of no sugar, Day 32 of no soda!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki, you are really doing good,especially with the soda. Are you starting to feel better ?

Marta that is great all the things you are doing,I can't go outside right now the cold will freeze my lungs,but I would love to come over and curl up on the floor in your bathoom.I just tried to take a shower and there is no water coming out,There is water every where else in the house except the shower !!!
    And the going gluten free is great,I'm so happy you lost all that weight and can now wear your ring again. I am going to start reading labels more because just about everything contains gluten. I use honey in my tea instead of sugar ..does that contain gluten ?? I just want to lose about 10 more lbs now and it is the tuffest thing to do.
    I HATE WINTER !!!!!!!!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, not feeling better yet. This is my last night shift for the week. I'll be home at night every night the rest of the week. YAY! I misspoke, it's day 33 no soda. I only drink water or tea and unsweetened tea because I have to cut out the sugar for a month. I'm really trying to help with the addiction so I can't even due honey or agave right now.
    Gluten is in practically everything. Not in honey though. It's natural.

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Habit

Pete's excellent thread "workout buddies" got me thinking on habits and living more outside my mind than in it. The temperature is -15 this morning but should warm to a windless 10F. I'm going to walk for two hours today and be on my bike by the weekend. Let the healing begin.

William James on Habit | Brain Pickings

William James on habit - SEBASTIAN MARSHALL

"There is no more miserable human being than one in whom nothing is habitual but indecision, and for whom the lighting of every cigar, the drinking of every cup, the time of rising and going to bed every day, and the beginning of every bit of work are subjects of express volitional deliberation."
    . . . we proceed on - Lewis and Clark journals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Reporting in

Walked the snowmobile trail for 2 hours 45min. Temp 7F falling to 0F. Not bad, really. Doctor put me back on 60mg prednisone. Was weaning down, but the eye turned angry again. Minor adjustment.

Last edited by ballma02; 01-09-2014 at 10:19 AM.
    . . . we proceed on - Lewis and Clark journals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Came out of hibernation just long enough to go to the Y today. Walked for 35 minutes, did two sets of 10 reps with 20 pounds on shoulder press, and two sets of 12 crunches. Also tried planking for 30 seconds and found it's not as easy as it looks. Get to chase my grandson around tomorrow.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent yesterday being lazy. I did laundry and change the sheets and made dinner but ... I was a couch potato for the rest of the day. Today I work til 11am and then I am going to take my lil dog on a walk!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday started my seasonal work at a lily bulb farm. Indoor work, not out in fields. Involved moving around a lot of fairly heavy crates of lily bulbs, and stacking them. Good workout and good weight bearing exercise for my bones! Today will be a little easier going with just packaging product for retail sale.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday, I got home from work, leashed up the dog and went for 1.42 miles. Today I'll walk on my break because our office sits in a complex that has a 1-mile loop. It's something!

Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast