User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Any virtual workout buddies out there?

I'm looking for some fellow weggies who will help hold each other accountable for getting physically fit (or maintaining a current level of fitness).

This is not about whose workout is the toughest. It's about friends helping friends to get more physically fit and see if we can minimize the ravages of our dumb disease on our bodies.

Personally, what I want to accomplish is to lose 15 pred pounds, take 2" off my waistline, and strengthen my abs and upper body muscles. I'm committed to walking 40-60 minutes 4-5 times a week. On the days when I only walk for 40 minutes, I'll also hit the weight machines. I'll do at least 20 ab crunches every day.

Yesterday, I walked for 45 minutes, did 20 crunches, did 15 reps on the shoulder press at 25lbs and 20 reps on the chest press at 25 lbs. Today, I walked for 50 minutes and did 24 crunches. I'm tired right now, but will recover in time to play with the grandkids after while.

If anybody wants to join me, just post your activities to this thread. We're all in this together. Let's get fit and have some fun with it!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

2. Likes [email protected] liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where is saava ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Saava will be back.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I don't think Saava will be back.
    what's happened to saava ? I couldnt find him on the friends list. strange.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He must have left the Forum then.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strange. why did Saava go without saying anything ?
    Saava, if you read this, come and tell us, what happened ?

Pete,sorry, back to your questions....

your plan, Pete, looks just great and inspiring
    I exercise daily, not less then 30 min, wallking outside or "aerobic" at home.
    but I think the boys around should join you....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    but I think the boys around should join you....
    I'm an equal opportunity exercise guy. Ladies and gentlemen, feel free to join in sharing your progress.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete that does sound like a great idea. I want to lose about 10 lbs. And I would love the inches around my waist to move up to my bust ! I haven't done anything today except get out of bed, I have such a terrible headache,I wished I would have drank last night to make it worth it. But I definately am going to start working out. I think I'll start a little chart to mark my progress. Good luck on your goals.

Now we need a little work-out smiley,Andrew
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I soo need this!! OK I'm off to get my sneakers & do some aerobics right now!!!! Happy New Year!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm looking for some fellow weggies who will help hold each other accountable for getting physically fit (or maintaining a current level of fitness).

This is not about whose workout is the toughest. It's about friends helping friends to get more physically fit and see if we can minimize the ravages of our dumb disease on our bodies.

Personally, what I want to accomplish is to lose 15 pred pounds, take 2" off my waistline, and strengthen my abs and upper body muscles. I'm committed to walking 40-60 minutes 4-5 times a week. On the days when I only walk for 40 minutes, I'll also hit the weight machines. I'll do at least 20 ab crunches every day.

Yesterday, I walked for 45 minutes, did 20 crunches, did 15 reps on the shoulder press at 25lbs and 20 reps on the chest press at 25 lbs. Today, I walked for 50 minutes and did 24 crunches. I'm tired right now, but will recover in time to play with the grandkids after while.

If anybody wants to join me, just post your activities to this thread. We're all in this together. Let's get fit and have some fun with it!
    Wow! I am tired from just reading about it. Some signs of progress should appear soon from your efforts.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast