User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will report that I split a bunch of rounds of firewood this afternoon. This is quite a good workout for a little old Weggie woman like me! Now I'm contemplating cleaning the gutters on my little house, which aren't very long and there are only two... We will see how it goes. I do need a ladder but it is not high up. I will be careful.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article - Single mum reveals how pedal power is helping her fight life-threading blood disorder. Dated: Jan 4 2014 www.vasculitiesfoundation.org
    Last edited by ballma02; 01-07-2014 at 04:59 AM.
    . . . we proceed on - Lewis and Clark journals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ballma02 View Post
    Article - Single mum reveals how pedal power is helping her fight life-threading blood disorder. Dated: Jan 4 2014 vasculities foundation.org
    for some reason that isn't showing up as a live link for me. It looks like one in my email notification but doesn't go anywhere.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    for some reason that isn't showing up as a live link for me. It looks like one in my email notification but doesn't go anywhere.
    http://vasculitisfoundation.org

or Vasculitis Foundation ( mobile devices)

search for Vasculitis Foundation
    . . . we proceed on - Lewis and Clark journals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, thanks, I had the VF link saved but just didn't realize the article was on their main page. Cycling sounds like a very good way to build the physical stamina back up! Inspiring story. BTW, the live link for mobile devices worked on my non-mobile device.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today, I went for a mile walk with my lil Corgi. It took about 25 mins to go 1.04 miles but ... I was not walking to burn calories. I was just walking to get fresh air and move my body a little. It was a wonderfully brisk overcast day and I hope that means there is rain in the future.
    Our work complex has a 1-mile loop that I will be doing on my dayshifts too.
    I will walk everyday.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way to go Nikk! It's not about how fast or far, but that you do something. Just be careful that you don't overdo and make things worse.

i'm housebound due to cold weather. Right now it's -7•F here with a wind chill of about -25. Hope to get back out sometime Wednesday when it's supposed to "warm up" to maybe +20•.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Pete
    I have had several attempts over the last 2 years to loose those extra kilos that have sneaked up on you. The best I have been able to achieve is 1-2 pilates/yoga classes a week and 2-3 walks with my dogs for 20-30 minutes a week. Alas I seem to fail when I try to add more and the kilos are not budging. I have been on holidays for a week and have been to the gym twice, now back at work this week I hope to add the extra gym visits to try to get those kilos to budge. I figure if I have to report to you each week what I have done I will be less likely to slacken off.
    Thanks for the motivation- I just have to get to the magic 6 weeks of exercise mark when I should have formed a habit and the body changes should occur
    cheers
    MichelleH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've got to start somewhere. Glad to have you as a workout buddy, Michelle. You're right about making the conscious effort to get exercise regularly. I'm planning to go to the Y again tomorrow when it warms up a bit. It's -6•F here right now, and the wind chill is about -30 (not good for damaged lungs and sinuses).

Hope you reach your goal! Keep us posted.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I'm in.

Brian just signed me up for the Fondo in Penticton (a giant group ride) and he's doing his fourth year at the 160km and I'm signed up for the 55km. I know I can do that distance, I just don't want to do in the same time span he does his ride in. He's bringing our bikes in to my sister's garage (she lives next door to me) and we will ride. I'm also doing some cross country skiing, not anywhere near as much as I did pre Wegs, but getting out there. Also been going skiing (downhill) but that doesn't do a lot for the cardio but it sure does a ton for the spirit. Well there was some cardio last weekend when it snowed 40cm overnight and I skied the crud after all the fresh snow was poached.... crud is a workout.

I just have to share something with you regarding the weight and inches loss. I went gluten free in November (not only because I think it's directly related to our disease but also because I wanted to pull it from Hana's diet, which incidentally changed her behavior for the better exponentially,) and not only did I start feeling better, but I went from 167 lbs to 149 lbs in about two-three weeks. I changed nothing else, didn't go down in pred during that time, just tossed all my bread, crackers, pasta and baked goods. I also got rid of the sugar in my house and bought Xyla instead (which is a natural sweetener). I have been eating meat, veggies and fruit since. I also couldn't eliminate dairy because I looooove cheese. Within a couple of weeks I could get into the clothes that had been put in bins in the garage since the early pred days, and best of all, I got to put on my wedding ring back on my finger... That was truly a magical moment. All thanks to a small tweak in my diet (and I didn't really think I ate very much gluten based foods, but apparently it makes a difference.)

I'll post my attempts at fitness. We just finished our crazy bathroom reno, and I will have a little more time now (BTW, I love my new bathroom... steam room, heated toilet seat, heated floor, and so so much more.)

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast