Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Unfortunately, I have been pretty much housebound since Friday. Between 5" of snow over the weekend and subzero temps the last couple of days, I decided that discretion was the better part of valor. Will head for the Y tomorrow afternoon and get busy again!
This is a great thread you started Pete. We all know the value of regular exercise but it is hard to get motivated, no matter who you are. Having a buddy to train with in person or virtually is a great help. Most important is that you do something regularly. Don't binge exercise...focus on frequency (this creates the habit) and then up the intensity and duration over time and you will have greater success. I really do not want to sound like a know it all because I am not but...the effect that regular exercise has on mental well being is well documented and highly under rated. As my running/riding buddy says..."when the going gets tough, the tough hit the trail". Exercise is more than good for your body, it filters the brain and makes one more peaceful and happier; simple as that.

Good on all of you for doing this!

Brian - husband of Marta the Magnificent