User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You all are doing really good. I walked around the mall on Saturday and bought a really cute dress....does that count...the walking I mean ???
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course that counts silly girl.......we want pics of you in that dress now.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to my doctor, any movement is exercise. She said even if I went outside and just walked for 5 minutes, it counts!!!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really proud of you Nikki Keeping off sugar and soda can't be easy for you. And you are really walking quit a bit. I wish the weather was nice here so I can get outside. Have you lost any lbs. ? I hope you are starting to feel better.
    Phil, the pics are gonna have to wait a bit...I still have 10lbs. to lose
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazingly, I haven't lost anything which makes me crazy. I only drink water or unsweetened tea, only naturally occurring sugars, and watching my gluten intake (gluten is my next cut out after I've been off bad sugar for a month). I watch what I eat too, staying under 2000 calories a day, under 150 carbs, and under 50g of sugar.
    I don't know. I am trying not to stress about the number since I need to just feel better first.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki,

Perhaps you're building a bit of muscle which is denser than fat. You have your priorities in order. If you feel better, the numbers will take care of themselves.

Good luck and better health!! Keep making the effort. It will pay off.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep it up Nikki, it'll all come at you at once, you're body is just fighting back right now.

Time for me to report: We've had some snow around here, so I did a couple of days of shoveling our walk and around the house, went downhill skiing yesterday and the day before, and cross country skiing today (getting pulled behind Storm, our dog, and just flying along,) although I do as much work as if I'd be skiing without him, just getting way way farther in the same amount of time.

I've decided to avoid the scale for a few days. Too much pressure.

Over and out for tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think scales are over rated, but this is coming from a person that has only been to 185 roughly. Right now I am about 155. I am 5'10". I would love to be more active but my lungs don't allow it so I try to watch more closely what I eat. I know women have a much harder time then men usually with the pred weight but I do know some men that have a rough time with it as well, mostly due to not being able to get out and exercise. I go out for a walk every day but it is not very far, maybe a block or 2 then I am done. Hopefully this summer is a bit better again and I can for evening walks. I miss those.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just walked for 35 minutes today. After yesterday's workout, I put all of the Christmas decorations away. That was a lot of trips up and down stairs as well as lifting and placing in a tight space.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got to the Y today during a lull in their business. Walked for 35 minutes, did 20 shoulder presses at 20 lbs. Did 20 chest presses at 25 lbs (and will increase to 30 reps next time). Finished up with 36 crunches. It is getting a little easier (except shoulder presses) each day.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast