User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave away a lot of my exercise equipment this weekend. About the only exercise I get now is the coughing and walking back and forth from the fridge and bathroom......lol
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three days ago I started drinking a lot of water, I have sworn off all salt and most carbs. C'mon Deb is Italian. Any way I feel way better and the bloated feeling is gone along with what I think was fluid retention. Have done two, three and eleven mins on the exercycle. I feel better already, my feet are feeling better so, I keep going now. Will report next week. Nikki, so good for you. Marta, I would have to drop 70 lbs. to get to pre-weg. I would settle for a 50 lb. drop. Best to all, and Pete, you are so right when you say just take the first step.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started Weight Watchers Online since I don't like to be tied to meetings once a week. Didn't do too bad the first day and I wasn't hungry. Got in lots of veggies, some fruit and salmon for dinner.

Still waiting for the back pack for the O2 canister. Hopefully it will be here this week and I can start walking in the mall. I spent all weekend recovering from overdoing it the past two weeks. Hope I remember to NOT do that again.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    Still waiting for the back pack for the O2 canister. Hopefully it will be here this week and I can start walking in the mall.
    can you explain, please, how will you use it, why and for what ? it makes me be worried about you
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    can you explain, please, how will you use it, why and for what ? it makes me be worried about you
    I currently have portable oxygen when I'm out and about. The tank is in a shoulder holder, which is hard on my shoulder to carry. I ordered a back pack specially designed for oxygen tanks so that it will be easier to take with me and less stress on the shoulder. I really want it so that I can walk in the mall.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    I started Weight Watchers Online since I don't like to be tied to meetings once a week. Didn't do too bad the first day and I wasn't hungry. Got in lots of veggies, some fruit and salmon n.
    Congradulations with Weight Watchers on-line. I have it on my IPad and have been logging everything that I put in my mouth. Been signed up since last August and I've lost around 25 pounds with about 6 more to go. This is not about a diet but about how to eat. My wife is a great cook and pretty much has portions figured out. I had to eliminate cookies and sweets, then every thing else fell into place.

Dennis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow you all are doing GREAT. I am still trying to lose the 12 lbs,I have been trying to lose forever.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad thing is I know how to eat correctly, but I don't want to. You need to say that with the correct inflection in your voice.....lol Didn't do as well today as yesterday, here's to a better tomorrow. I've done a good job of cutting out night time snacks. That was a biggie for me. Had to do it because my sugar just wasn't behaving. Things are much better now and I don't miss them too much.
    Cindy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the same problem with the night time snacking. Gotta give up the salt and sweets and eat more fresh fruit.

I've gotten back to walking. Done 2-3 miles every day this week. Going to clean up the rec room so we can paint it.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I went to my pcp today and he gave me a script for 40 mg Lipator,says my chlorestral is high. ( It has been for years ) I saw my cardio dr. last week and he said my good outweighs the bad so he isn't worried about it. I had the pharmy put the script on hold. Then I came home,put a sweat band around my waist and walked almost 2 1/2 miles up and down hills in the park in about 90 degree weather. I'll probably get on the scale tomorrow and gain 2 lbs. !!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast