User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran 3 miles yesterday - I had to walk part of it since my heart rate reached 203 bpm. I wish my little heart would learn to slow down.

I decided to exercise at home this morning to give my heart a break from what I put it through yesterday. I still have a lot of training to do, but I'm getting excited for the half marathon coming up!
    Last edited by rebekah; 08-09-2016 at 02:43 AM.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be smart about exercising. Don't want you getting too much of a good thing.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just couldnt resist posting this one....

FB_IMG_1471455012322.jpg
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back from the Y. No, this is not my new year's resolution. Just trying to be a little accountable. I swam 800 yards today - the most I've done in several weeks. I plan to ramp up distance and intervals. My goal is 1,500 yards non stop in 40 minutes or less.

I have not been walking as much as I would like. My left hip really starts to ache after about a mile. My chiropractor will take x-rays on Monday to see if he can see anything related to what he read in my nerve conductivity study/electromyogram. I hope some adjustments will help me.

How are all my virtual workout buddies doing?
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Pete. I hope your hip is already better and is nothing to worry about. Please update us. I remember myself as a child in sport lessons, having this kind of pain. I guess its something about not breathing right while exercising.
    Thanks for refreshing this thread. Its one of the refreshing threads
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still walking, still golfing, still stretching! Yea! Weight still down too! Double yea! Pete, I have bad hips also...bursitis along w/golf. Takes ice, pain reduction, and a lot of putting the pain away in the back of my mind. Have had 2 shots already...doc says no hip replacements, but may have to live with it. Great on the swimming! Keep it up!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good on you, Don!! I'm hoping that some chiropractic adjustments will make things better. I also guess that I'd better start remembering to take a couple of tylenol before exercising. So you've had a couple of cortisone shots in the hips?

Plan is to play some golf this summer. Last summer, between being out of the country for most of June, bad weather, and hurting my hand in a fall, I didn't play at all.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had a good six weeks with the exercise routine. I walk two miles twice a week and am gradually ramping up the swimming. This week, I did 8x100 yards on 3-minute cycles (swim 100 yards in 2:15 or so and then rest until the next cycle starts). The pace is glacial compared to when I was competing, but I'm still leading an active and happy lifestyle.

Just curious about how some of you are doing. I think @rebekah is gearing up for another half marathon, and @NikkiNicole has lost over 75 pounds! Hope to hear other success stories. Just keep moving!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still working on the leaves from last fall Yestrerday I spent all day raking the flower gardens out and pulling weeds. FUN DAY !!!! I think its going to be like ground hogs day for awhile here, still have a ton of leaves.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope this counts, when I got my new phone, there was an app for keeping track of your vitals and such. It tracks walking and stairs and even steps. I average 3 miles of walking when working at the big box store. I have even dropped another five pounds. Yah! Best to all, I know I don't say much but do check in every morning.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast