User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Progress report:

Since I started this thread, I am compelled to report my progress...

I've lost 18 pounds as of December 22. I may have put some weight back on because I'm The Christmas Cookie Monster. I lost the first 10 pounds primarily by being careful with portion sizes, cutting out soda, and only drinking the occasional NA beer. I also ate more fresh fruit for snacks instead of chips or ice cream. The last eight pounds came off when I joined my wife on an eating plan. We eat very little processed food, and have begun eating more fresh (organic) produce, few complex carbs, and a few supplements.

I was pretty faithful with my walking, but less so with the weight training and crunches. My waist size went from a snug 36" to a relaxed 34". However, the pred belly is still present - albeit a little smaller.

The bottom line is that I feel great - as well as I did before disease onset. I'm really grateful for that.

More work for next year as I try to improve my physique.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great, Pete! You are an inspiration to us all! Enjoy the Christmas Cookie Monster while you can, and all the other food and festivities!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great work Pete and you inspired me.

I can't bear the thought of going to a Gym and using the pool or machines after all the other sweaty germy people used them, so the options for my family this Christmas were

We build a swimming pool with one whole length shallower than the rest so that it could be used for exercising and/or water aerobics
    Or; we purchase a treadmill and a spin bike of our own to use as required.

Lots of um's and ah's and in the end it was decided that a pool would need a whole lot of upkeep that would be done for a little while until the novelty wore off, so we went for the treadmill and bike.

So far, both are being used, but it is very early days yet. Only had it for 5 days.
    The treadmill is massive with all the bells and whistles - I can even log on to the forum whilst walking.
    It wont make me a cup of tea though

I'm hoping for some great results in the new year.

Thankyou Pete
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's a New Year, which means some changes to the routine. My nutritionist says I've lost enough weight. Now, I need to build some muscle mass. Came across this from Cleveland Clinic today... Your Guide to the No. 1 Fitness Trend of 2015 ? Health Hub from Cleveland Clinic Time to get busy.

The goals:
    1. Maintain current weight +5 pounds.
    2. Tone up my abs. Get from a party ball to a flask.
    3. Continue with cardio fitness.
    4. Work with docs to wean off all wegs meds (mtx, pred, bactrim, folic acid).

Here we go!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats is great Pete. ( Andrew,we need a workout icon !)
    Well I started off with good intentions. I was going to start back at yoga but it was all cancelled until now ,but now I am sick with cold ? something? just feel a little crappy and don't want to go out in this below 0 weather...UGH !!!
    But I put your workout routine into my favs,so I will check it out. I also got this online 21 day yoga routine.Here's a tip is if you drink a cup of hot water with half squeezed lemon ( or lemon juice ) and add honey to taste in the morning ( 20 minutes before you eat ) it helps burn fat and aids in digestion. Today was my first day..I don't think I lost anything yet !!!
    I also went and bought 2 excerise balls , pilates ab worker, a machine that you step up and down on while pulling straps, jump ropes, and I have an old tai chi dvd that I dug out. I got something else...oh I remember...a nutra ninja juicer so I went out and bought a bunch of fruit to make my own smoothies. Guess what they are all still in there boxes but I will start as soon as I feel better. Happy ,Healthy New Year everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am actually going to the gym with my bride and walking on a treadmill. Very slow in the beginning but yesterday, walked three quarters of a mile in 20 minutes. I am not supposed to be able to do that with my COPD, so I don't know how this is happening. I also trotted (jogged?) for 1 minute. My neuropathic feet yelled at me for a few minutes however they calmed down and this morning actually feel better than they have in years. Maybe I should just go on and keep abusing my body.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    Maybe I should just go on and keep abusing my body.
    Dale
    No pain, no gain!! Hope you continue to gain strength and feel better!!��
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had lost 43 lbs but then I gained back 32 ... I am now down 5lbs again and working really hard to get BACK to where I was. Despite feeling absolutely horrific most of the time, I have done a Zumba class this week, I hiked up a really big mountain and walked my dog for 1.5 miles. Today ... I can't do much. I've been in bad health and getting worse but I am still trying.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't much, but I finally went for a walk today on my road, after procrastinating for months. I guess it was about 3/4 mile. I'm perfectly capable of doing this and much more, but I am a little out of shape. Thinking of Alysia and her daily walks. We will see if it happens again tomorrow with perhaps a faster pace, and adding a little distance each time. Perhaps I'll take a few pics to make it more interesting.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has been over a month since I have done much more than walking to and from parking garage still work. This week I started taking the stairs, at work, to the second floor. I then take the elevator to the 5th floor. It is a good start.

Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast