User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I officially over did it yesterday. Seven trips to one building (farthest from my office), three to another to fix projector problems, up and down a ladder 8 times to fix said problem, and a lot of running around campus. I blew it! This morning, my knees and legs felt like I rode a bike for 8 hours non-stop. I literally had to hold myself up on furniture this morning for support. I guess I now know that the caffeine that I consumed throughout the day was a false sense of invincibility! I wound up calling in half dead today. <sigh>

So, a lesson learned. SLOW, go slow and STOP before it gets to be too much!

MikeG-2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Mike, sometimes we have to learn the hard way, but when we are feeling good it is hard to stop. I hope this is not a sign of things to come for you. Hopefully your days will be at least half decent.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Yes Mike, sometimes we have to learn the hard way, but when we are feeling good it is hard to stop. I hope this is not a sign of things to come for you. Hopefully your days will be at least half decent.
    I don't think that it is a trend. I really did not feel any of this coming on yesterday. I felt like a million bucks while doing all of that. I even worked 8.5 hours, my longest day yet. But, was reminded by HR that I am only released for 8 hours, not 8.5. Oops! I guess it is nice to fully know what my limits really are right now. Had a bit of decent news Monday at Dr appointments, I posted an update here yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Got to the Y today during a lull in their business. Walked for 35 minutes, did 20 shoulder presses at 20 lbs. Did 20 chest presses at 25 lbs (and will increase to 30 reps next time). Finished up with 36 crunches. It is getting a little easier (except shoulder presses) each day.
    Pete, you are a champion.

I think we will be seeing, "Pete, the Weggie Bodybuilder" in the near future.

Keep up the great work
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post

I think we will be seeing, "Pete, the Weggie Bodybuilder" in the near future.
    (Lmbo). Not a chance, Michelle!! I'll settle for not looking pregnant in profile.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just walked for 40 minutes at the Y today. Feels like I strained a muscle in my left side, so took a day off from crunches and resistance machines. Hoping the ache is gone tomorrow.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday I fully intended on walking again. I got a little walk in on Wednesday but my knees and lower back were killing me so it was very slow going. Today I'm at work so I am going to get out and walk on my break. I have to get out of my head about trying to go fast and long distances in shorter amounts of time and just move my body. I have to get the weight loss idea out of my head and just move to feel better.
    Still haven't lost anything.
    I blame the slice of cheesecake on my birthday. Back on the natural sugar only wagon, still a month and a half of no soda.
    Just keep moving forward.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki, the last line in your post above says it all - just keep moving. You've started to exercise. That's half the battle. Just do what you can without strain. I had a hot fudge sundae for dessert last night.

Today's workout was 35 minutes of walking (about 2 miles), 20 chest presses at 30 lbs, 20 shoulder presses at 20 lbs, and 36 crunches. Just waiting for my wife to finish her fitness class so we can go home and rest. We also had the grandkids from 6:30-noon this morning.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete , the grandkids will give you a workout in itself ! Well yesterday I was 1/2 hr on the treadmill, worked about 20 min on the pilates machine and then did about 15 min. of yoga. The 20 min hot shower was the best !!! I was just on the treadmill for about 15min. today,nothing else yet
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got out on my break today 1.4 miles again. I was moving slow. My lower back has been bothering me. It was nice to get some fresh air and I know the sunlight is good for me.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast