User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you must be in fabulous shape to walk that distance in that heat Deb.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Well I went to my pcp today and he gave me a script for 40 mg Lipator,says my chlorestral is high. ( It has been for years ) I saw my cardio dr. last week and he said my good outweighs the bad so he isn't worried about it. I had the pharmy put the script on hold. Then I came home,put a sweat band around my waist and walked almost 2 1/2 miles up and down hills in the park in about 90 degree weather. I'll probably get on the scale tomorrow and gain 2 lbs. !!
    'Twas a tad toasty today. I think we topped out at 93 today. Was well up into the 80s when I took my walk today.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a heads up, there are lots of apps that can track exercise with friends. Strava, Myfitnesspal, Fitbit are a few. I did not read the thread so this might have already been mentioned. But I have been getting fitter and my work buddy and I have a competition to see who can get the most workout minutes in during the month. The qualifier is that you have to be working out, it is not a little walk, but you have to be pushing your limits. Anyway my 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've finally gotten back into the swing of things after being a slug for a few weeks. Walked about 3 miles daily 6 of 7 days last week. Just finished 3 miles this morning. Feeling better, but still afraid to step on the scales...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Continuing the routine of walking most days. Also spent a lot of time in the gardens last week in the heat. I was pretty tuckered over the weekend, but could do what I needed to do as we entertained old friends here Saturday.

I've printed out a copy of NikkiNicole's 30-day ab challenge. I'm going to start after I get back from vacation (penance??) and see how it goes toward shrinking my waistline. BTW, I think Nikki is a beast if she did this whole challenge!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm continuing to walk 2 - 3 miles 4 - 6 times a week. But, I haven't started the ab challenge yet. At any rate, I feel better now than I did just before I got sick. The golf game is coming around -- slowly. Just gotta remember tempo (Don) and let the club do the work (Irish).
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great, Pete, especially the part about you feeling better than before you got sick. I don't need to give golf a second thought.... but the walking, that is a great example for me. Ab challenge? Guess I missed that or forgot about it.... better look back, I guess...
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna be out of commission for a few days. Tweaked my back a little while moving stuff around downstairs yesterday and really aggravated it when I stumbled getting out of my easy chair this morning. Got a chiropractic adjustment this morning and have been using ice, heat, and ibuprofen to calm things down. Been over a year since the last episode...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Gonna be out of commission for a few days. Tweaked my back a little while moving stuff around downstairs yesterday and really aggravated it when I stumbled getting out of my easy chair this morning. Got a chiropractic adjustment this morning and have been using ice, heat, and ibuprofen to calm things down. Been over a year since the last episode...
    I hate golf excuses...get well buddy!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast