User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    I ate lots of veggies and rice, with some protein added, when on pred. It tasted great to me and I didn't need to reach for the sweet stuff or the processed snacks. Of course, rice is carbs, but some carbs is OK, just not too many, and maybe avoid wheat, since that packs on the pounds the most for some people. Brown rice is best, and things like quinoa. Baked potatoes are good because they have a lot of potassium if you leave the skins on. Salads are good, because you can add a few croutons or potato chunks if you want and some protein like shrimp, chicken, or eggs. As long as you have the pred hunger, I wouldn't deny it, just don't overdo it. Drink lots of water, that will help fill you up and you need it anyway, to keep hydrated and flush the meds through your system, especially if you are on cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan, CTX). Not sure what to suggest about losing weight, beyond exercise along with the healthful diet, as some can't exercise. But as soon as you can, start, a little at a time. Some have more trouble with pred weight than others, but most have at least some.
    Pred hunger that's what it is? I'm always hungry and it's not really helping me maintain my weight. I try munching on healthy alternatives like nuts, fruits, salads, etc... but it doesn't really help especially when my body craves lots of food. Any tips?
    Last edited by itzymendz; 01-18-2016 at 12:23 AM.