User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a little frustrated today. Gained about 2lbs this week. Combination of hibernating and not eating right. More discipline at the table...

Went to the Y today and walked for 45 minutes. Back again tomorrow...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I am going to hurl, I feel like I am sitting in my washing machine on the spin cycle. Am I getting sick? Why is this happening?

I am sore, but that is to be expected from working out yesterday. I did manage a 2 mile walk. I wanted to get out to the flood control channel and walk like we usually do so I could see how high it was. It was rushing like crazy! I wouldn't want to fall in there. Anyway, we walked ... much shorter and slower than usual because I was afraid I was going to have to find a bush to throw up into ... or that I would pass out on the trail.

I am glad I at least did something ...
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I over exert, even if I think I haven't, I am almost 'ill' and become very lethargic for a couple of days. It cycles thru, and I'm back at it, improving each time...well, OK, almost every time! LOL!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it was just a "chore" for me to get out of bed in 5 degree weather to get my blood work done but I did. I didn't go to the rehab place though since I thought I over did the walking the other day soooooo I baked some brownies !!!! I also fixed dinner and I felt so quilty for not doing anything I have several shows of "Total Body Sculpting" recorded so I worked out 1/2 with one of those.I definenatly don't feel quilty now....weak.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of brownies? Ducks, runs away...cuz it's almost 70 here and I can do that! LOL!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don,

How's the golf game? Mine is buried under about 6" of snow.

Did most of the usual workout today. Cut back on both walking distance and speed because I have a shin splint. Still walked for 30 minutes, though.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don , unfortunately they weren't the "medicinal" kind of brownies.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete, golf game is improving from 'those days' of thinking I'd never golf again...79 w/ TWO doubles on Monday...sheesh...no consistency yet tho. Used to play in snow, not any more my friend! Stay warm, go clean your clubs!!

Awwww, Deb...no fun at all! And peeps wonder why I profess such faith in drugs on here...LMAO! I'm all about fun...try dying for 10 days, then wake up to fighting Quaddafi and various other hallucinations...LIFE IS GOOD each and every day!

PS: for the thread: I'm up to walking at least a third of a course now...helps that I'm not butt deep in snow tho! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don, I'd like to set you up with my 80 year old stepmother.... she lives in Palm Desert, CA in the winter and is apparently quite a good golfer, has won tournaments and such. However she is 15 years older than you so maybe not... I'm sure you've got plenty of challenging golf partners. It's fun to think of you, and her, out playing golf in 70 degree weather in February. If I am ever in the company of either of you in your golf environment, you will have to find a beginning golfer for me to play with; otherwise, it would be entirely too boring for you. Or I would just tag along and watch, with some birdwatching on the side, like my dad usually did. Does your wife play golf, too? You both look so tan and healthy and happy in your avatar, though I imagine that was pre-Wegs, etc. I'm wondering if that pic was taken in Arizona or Hawaii or somewhere else?
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Gained about 2lbs this week.
    too much ice cream on your new avatar, then, no wonder
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast