User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No workouts for me in the last week and a half. I've been sick sick sick.
    I'm back at work today so, maybe I can start moving around. I'll be out and about with my brother, husband and brother's girlfriend on Sunday so that will get me moving and will be back in the gym Monday morning.
    So much for my vacation with workouts and coming back to work thinner than when I left! Grrr.
    Keep up the great work everyone!!!!!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I walked the mall today. Breathing was iffy so I had to take it easy, but I did it. Even made it back to my car and that was definitely a plus since my legs were feeling pretty weak by that time. Probably pushed it a little too far. Feel fine now just a little tired. Got my referral for pulmonary rehab today so will call on Monday to make an appointment.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No formal workouts the past couple of days. Friday I did some heavy cleaning around the house. Hoovered all the carpeting (about 1800 sq ft) with the old vac. Newer, self-propelled vac needs new drive belt. Then polished the countertops and appliances in the kitchen. That did a number on my right hand - some cramping Friday night and yesterday.

My OSU college roommate visited Friday and Saturday. Took him and his wife on a tour of Columbus that included a walk through Mirror Lake Hollow and the south side of the Oval. Probably walked most of a mile. Taking today off and going back to the Y tomorrow.

Cindy and Nikki, I hope you both feel better soon. Just don't overdo.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back at it today. Did the usual Y workout with weights. Starting to see results in smaller waistline, weight loss, feeling stronger. Also, appetite has lessened now that I'm on my second week of 9 mg/day of pred.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to the gym today, 55 minutes of interval training on my legs. They are limp noodles now. Afterwards, I leashed up the dog and walked just a little half mile stretch down the side street and back by our house. Tomorrow, I'll get back on the long walk train. Today I was feeling shaky.
    Still sick. Still coughing. My voice isn't quite back to normal.

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Nikki,

I'm glad you're making a concerted effort to get some exercise. I'm also worried that you're overdoing it a bit.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a good week at the Y. Got there four of five days. Did the workout with weights 3x and once without weights. First part of next week looks a little dicey because we may get another significant snowstorm and will get another visit from the polar vortex .

I think I'm at a good place with respect to the amount and types of exercise I'm getting. Once the weather breaks, I'll vary the routine a bit as I'll have yard work to do, (many) golf balls to hit, and grandchildren to entertain. I see my PCP on Wednesday, and we'll see how everything looks to him then. Back to CC in April.

Nikki needs to rest and get her strength back. Another lesson learned: What we may ascribe to wegs isn't -- and vice versa... And so it goes.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen to your bodies, folks. We are the only one who can tell when something isn't right.

I'm not allowed to work out yet. I'm on light duty in life until the end of the month. I will still come here and cheer you all on!!!

Honestly, I thought by now I'd be down at least 20 lbs!!!!!! My body seems to have other plans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been doing anything and I can tell. I feel so fat and bloated.I don't think I'll be wearing a bikini next week. Pete,I'm so glad ( and jealous ) of the progess you have made. I literally have to get my rear in gear.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    I haven't been doing anything and I can tell. I feel so fat and bloated.I don't think I'll be wearing a bikini next week. Pete,I'm so glad ( and jealous ) of the progess you have made. I literally have to get my rear in gear.
    You sure crack me up sometimes Deb........
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast