User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fender benders are never fun, Pete... But I'm glad you are both OK and damage to the car was only "minimal".
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damage to the wife's car is just under $600. Should take 3-4 days in the shop.

Today's workout was a 45-minute walk. The Y was packed.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm excited to report......drum roll please......... that I swept and mopped all my floors (all tile except the bedrooms), did 5 loads of laundry and various other little things around the house. Now I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but for someone who gets out of breath taking a shower that is a big accomplishment. ALSO I did it ALL with no oxygen and minimal shortness of breath. There was some panting, but I was able to control it.

This is the first day since Nov 7th that I've been able to do something like this. I'm very excited. Especially since last week the old body did not like going to 20 mg of pred and I popped it back up to 25 mg for a week or so. Maybe that's where all the energy came from. Regardless it felt good that I accomplished something. And my doc says I'm deconditioned (doc talk for fat and out of shape, I think). LOL
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am excited to announce that Cindy is accepted as my new house maid........
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I am excited to announce that Cindy is accepted as my new house maid........
    Good luck with that as Cindy HATES housework. Let me repeat HATES it.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today's workout was the full one: 35 minute power walk, 24 reps on two machines, and 36 crunches. Done in less than 50 minutes. Lost 1/2 pound this week, but the clothes are slowly starting to fit better. My appetite and evening snacking are more controllable at 9 mg/day of pred.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    Good luck with that as Cindy HATES housework. Let me repeat HATES it.
    hmmm..... in that case, Batman will have to use his gadgets to clean the batcave
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally, the snow is melting!! Hope to be able to walk outdoors soon.

Today's workout was 45 minutes walking and 50 crunches.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Finally, the snow is melting!!
    of course we posted so many anti-winter posts on your fb, so we finally beat your winter
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're getting a few days off from winter. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I hope to walk outdoors in our neighborhood where I've charted loops of 2, 2.5, and 3 miles. Getting off the Y's 17 laps per mile track will be a nice change of scenery.

I think I'm starting to get good results. My waistline is slowly shrinking. I'm losing 1-2 pounds a week, and I'm feeling stronger and more energetic. I'm now working out consistently 4-5 days a week. I'm going to modify my routine so that I'm only doing weight training a couple times a week. On weight days, the workout now is 35 minutes (2 miles) of walking, 24 shoulder presses at 20 pounds, 24 chest presses at 40 pounds, and 50 crunches. I can do this in about 45-50 minutes. On non-weight days, I'll walk 45-50 minutes (or the outdoor 3-mile loop) and do the 50 crunches.

Today's workout was with weight.

Hope that all of you who are exercising are reaping good benefits!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast