User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Great job, Mike!! And I’m sure your knees appreciate it!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

2. Likes drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are a few (22 is a few??) thoughts about exercise: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2...nd-your-heart/

As for me, the program kinda continues. Weather permitting, I walk 2.5-4.0 miles 3-4 times a week. Additionally, my wife and I started a beginner level Silver Sneakers exercise class a few weeks ago. It’s a pretty good workout. We go twice a week. Once the weather gets consistently nice, I’ll be back to landscape maintenance and bad golf

I see my cardiologist on Thursday and will see what he has to say...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

4. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been doing Tai Chi classes for balance, plus another class on balance issues since Wegs destroyed my balance mechanism. The classes have actually helped me as much as the vestibular rehab therapy I did twice. I also do the exercise classes our building holds two or three times a week when I can attend. Plus I signed up for ballroom dance class which is best exercise for balance. In a couple months when the snow melts I can start walking outside again.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

6. Likes Pete, annekat, Masha, Alysia, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great, drz! I should look into tai chi. I took it a long time ago when I was young and had no balance issues. Same with the ballroom dancing. Now I have vertigo at times and am sure it's caused by Wegs, though when it started was before my dx but my ears were bothering me a lot. I can walk Ok but need wide toed and supportive shoes, partly because bad bunions are thrown into the mix. I can barely walk barefoot, it is as though the weight is centered over my heels. I don't suppose tai chi would help the bunions much, but it sure sounds like a lot more fun, and possibly more effective, than vestibular rehabilitation.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

8. Likes drz, Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you! I can't wait to get back to exercise! Do yoga, walk 2 miles a day, do exercise videos - anything to keep in shape. Also do many hours of meditation. In miserable mess now - gained weight with relapse (always happens, & w/o prednisone) and will have to work hard to regain fitness.
    Looking forward to appt with Dr. Villa-Forte next week. Have had two Rituxan infusions and they don't appear to be working as yet.

10. Likes annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tai chi sounds great! So far I've done yoga and meditation which have both helped. I'm a student of the Dalai Lama of Tibet - have taken direct teachings with him four times when living in Los Angeles. He is so inspiring as a human being!

12. Likes annekat, Pete, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Tai chi sounds great! So far I've done yoga and meditation which have both helped. I'm a student of the Dalai Lama of Tibet - have taken direct teachings with him four times when living in Los Angeles. He is so inspiring as a human being!
    Our teachers don't have as great of credentials but then we aren't the greatest students either so it works out fine for us. Classes seem fun as well as helpful. We are all a bit surprised about how mentally demanded the exercises are besides the physical demands. Our classes focuses on exercises to develop balance but we probably get the other benefits of Tai chi as well.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

14. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Our teachers don't have as great of credentials but then we aren't the greatest students either so it works out fine for us. Classes seem fun as well as helpful. We are all a bit surprised about how mentally demanded the exercises are besides the physical demands. Our classes focuses on exercises to develop balance but we probably get the other benefits of Tai chi as well.
    Very funny! i didn't mean to name drop - but I guess I'm guilty! Haven't tried Tai Chi - just intense Tibetan Buddhist philosophy and meditation. Mindfulness practice as taught by His Holiness is the only way I'm surviving the pain right now. I'm quite sure I wouldn't survive any Tai Chi class. If and when I do - I'll comment. I'm so happy for those of you who have the presence of mind and the physical fortitude to engage in this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rituxan can be slow to take effect for some people. I am one of those people. It is a good opportunity to practice patience. Loosing prednisone weight (40 pounds) was also an exercise in patience for me. My weight is close to normal now and I seven months without Rituxan. I was on a 4 month Rituxan schedule for quite some time. My doc says he is seeing quite a few people able to quit Rituxan after about three years. I hope I am one of those.

17. Likes Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    Rituxan can be slow to take effect for some people. I am one of those people. It is a good opportunity to practice patience. Loosing prednisone weight (40 pounds) was also an exercise in patience for me. My weight is close to normal now and I seven months without Rituxan. I was on a 4 month Rituxan schedule for quite some time. My doc says he is seeing quite a few people able to quit Rituxan after about three years. I hope I am one of those.
    Thanks Andrew! It is indeed taking time to work. I've now been placed on a 500 mg infusion every six months and hoping it can be scaled back after some time. Encouraging to believe you may be one of those people! Keep us posted.

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast