User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, Dale! I have the same app on my iPhone. It's pretty useful.

Glad to hear you're out and about. I guess the message is just keep moving!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was supposed to run another half marathon in April, but I'm not sure that's going to happen... medical issues (nothing major) have kept me from training. They have a 5k option so I'm going to try to at least do that. So glad to hear others are doing well and getting some exercise.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    I hope this counts, when I got my new phone, there was an app for keeping track of your vitals and such. It tracks walking and stairs and even steps. I average 3 miles of walking when working at the big box store. I have even dropped another five pounds. Yah! Best to all, I know I don't say much but do check in every morning.
    Dale
    Yea that counts Dale. That's a lot of walking,good for you. Glad to hear you are feeling better What is the app?
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
    Yea that counts Dale. That's a lot of walking,good for you. Glad to hear you are feeling better What is the app?
    On my iPhone 6, there's a Health app that came already installed. You can enter your meds, emergency contacts, activities, and vitals among other things. It seems to have a built-in pedometer to track walking/running distances, number of steps taken, and number of flights of stairs climbed. I can also manually enter my swimming distances.
    Last edited by Pete; 02-24-2017 at 01:52 AM.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh..that doesn't come on my old flip phone !!! I have a trac phone but I only use it when I am bored at the drs office to go on facebook. I did have those fitbit bracelets but that was too much of a pain having to input everything you eat and drink so I sent it back. I use my pedometer when I am walking that tells me the distance,time,csalories burnt and steps so that's good enough. I just need to get my rear in gear !!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a Garmin Vivoactive HR for Valentines day, and I have been tracking my steps and activity. Every day is a struggle right now for me, as my knee is in need of some work. I'm scheduled for a shot of Synvisc (or hyalgan) the middle of next month. I hope that gives me some relief so I can start being more active.

Regardless of my knee issues, at least every other day, I reach my goal of 4800 steps. Shoot, today it went up to 4900!! Darned watch! LOL!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    I'm scheduled for a shot of Synvisc (or hyalgan) the middle of next month. I hope that gives me some relief so I can start being more active.
    I call that stuff "Slick 50".
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I call that stuff "Slick 50".
    So have you had one of these injections Pete? I have read about them, but never known anyone that has had one.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, Mike! No, I've never had any injections for joint pain. My mother-in-law (age 88) has been getting cortisone shots in her knee every six months for the past few years for arthritis. She also had a dose of Slick 50 a year or so ago. She goes to the rec center and walks 30-45 minutes. She lives independently and looks and acts at least 20 years younger than her age.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hey, Mike! No, I've never had any injections for joint pain. My mother-in-law (age 88) has been getting cortisone shots in her knee every six months for the past few years for arthritis. She also had a dose of Slick 50 a year or so ago. She goes to the rec center and walks 30-45 minutes. She lives independently and looks and acts at least 20 years younger than her age.
    Thanks, but um, you're making me feel really OLD right about now...
    MikeG-2012

Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast