User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the idea of a workout buddy for motivation! Once I get this flare under control I'm joining you and will share my workouts. Right now I can barely go up a flight of stairs and I'm exhausted just reading about your workouts. But with classes starting this week, I'll at least be getting some exercise in walking around campus.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rebekah, I'm sorry you feel that way, but am glad you will be starting classes again. Medical school, I presume. With any luck, you will discover what really causes Wegs and find a way to cure it! If not, you will at least be added to the ranks of excellent Wegs doctors and help find better treatments for it.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Rebekah,

Looking forward to reading about your progress. Be careful walking around campus this week. It's supposed to be below zero Monday -Wednesday. Won't be good for damaged lungs. Stay warm and be well!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the cold really bother the rest of you?

Believe it or not, the cold really hasn't bothered me that much. Everyone tells me to be careful in the cold, which I do, but it seems to not bother me that much. Today, I spent about three hours outside between the tractor and the snowblower, and I'm tired now. We had three inches of snow lately, and it blew the past two days and drifted everything around my house shut. To top that all off, the snow was crusted over and hard as a brick on the outside. That's why the tractor and the snowblower. Time to get the feet up, snuggle the wife and dog, and take it easy the rest of the evening!

MikeG
    Last edited by MikeG-2012; 01-05-2014 at 12:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't started med school yet. I'm just taking 2 classes at OSU this semester and will reapply this fall. Everyone's been telling me recently I need a plan B, so I thought of pharmacy because I love chemistry, but I'm thinking about research and then I could maybe really find a cure for this stupid disease. And I wouldn't have to deal with lots of sick patients with my weakened immune system.

Thanks, hope you stay warm too, Pete (and everyone else up north). I thought the cold, -2 degrees, I had to endure yesterday going to my Rituxan infusion was cold; but this week is going to be even colder and we're getting more snow. I have class at 9am Tuesday, I might skip that one. I'm starting to miss my Florida weather.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my first real winter (I just moved from Florida), so I don't know how much the cold weather bothers me health wise. I'm just trying to get used to it. I'm glad it doesn't bother you too much, Mike. But boy, a tractor and snowblower? You certainly deserve a nice, relaxing evening after all that work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Rebekah, whatever classes you are taking are good, I'm sure... And that subzero cold has got to be somewhat unusual; sounds awful, though. I've never been to Florida; our equivalent on the West Coast is San Diego, and I've never been there either. But it is a little hard to imagine anyone wanting to leave the best weather in the country. However, I'll bet you'll still get some "fun" snow, the kind that comes with more moderate temperatures.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, yes, how did we get on weather? Back to working out!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have this uncomfortable pain/soreness in my left arm... I don't know if I slept on it weird or what, but I did 10 squats today, so now my body hurts equally all over. This was my first baby workout in a looong time.

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast