User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, for the hard part (for me, anyway). I visited a dietitian a couple of weeks ago to find out what I could do to reduce my pred belly and still get proper nutrition. I am eating more vegetables, substantially reducing gluten (a bit difficult since I like beef), and trying goat milk. Now, I realize that my after supper "nibbles" need to be curtailed. Wish me luck...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Now, for the hard part (for me, anyway). I visited a dietitian a couple of weeks ago to find out what I could do to reduce my pred belly and still get proper nutrition. I am eating more vegetables, substantially reducing gluten (a bit difficult since I like beef), and trying goat milk. Now, I realize that my after supper "nibbles" need to be curtailed. Wish me luck...
    There's gluten in beef? Or did you mean bread? In any case, I have the same problem and am trying to do better.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually meant beer. Lol
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I actually meant beer. Lol
    Aha! That makes a lot more sense, although I had never thought about there being gluten in beer. I used to drink beer but no longer do, except maybe once in a blue moon, so no issues there for me.... but bread is one I need to watch out for.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck! I am getting back to my treadmill routine again.

Going grain free has been a challenge, but worth it in improved breathing. And the weight I have lost has been primarily in the belly. There are three things that have got me through.

1. greek yogurt with finely chopped nuts and a teaspoon of honey

2. chunks of banana spread with peanut butter

3. Grain-free biscuits. Recipe below.

EASY PALEO BISCUITS

Author: Cook Eat Paleo
    Serves: 8-10 biscuits

Preheat to 325

INGREDIENTS

3 cups almond flour. USE FINELY GROUND flour made from BLANCHED almonds. The regular kind is OK - but the blanched kind seem to come out a bit lighter.
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    ¼ teaspoon sea salt
    2 eggs
    2 tablespoons honey
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 TBS almond milk (I ise milk or half and half or cream. Not paleo, but i am not strict)

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
    Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Make a well in center and add wet ingredients. Stir wet ingredients in center, then stir into almond flour mixture until dough is formed.
    Drop by large scoop onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten to 1-1/2 inches using a small piece of parchment paper.
    Bake until lightly browned and cooked through, about 17 minutes.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making progress in the pool. Today, I swam 600 yards (6x100) on three minute cycles (swim 100 yds in 2 minutes and rest for one minute). For me, the pace is glacial when I compare it to when I was in my prime 60+ years ago, but I'm glad to be able to do this again.

I've been trying to eat cleaner. More veggies, no ultra processed foods, no gluten, less after dinner snacking. The weight is slowly coming down - lost 2.5 pounds in 3 weeks.

Came across a new way to do crunches. The video is in German, but the gist of it is to strengthen the abs and lose the "love handles". http://m.gofeminin.de/fitness-video-...o-n227442.html

Hope everyone is doing well!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monday, we had a massive power outage that went in phases between our campus buildings. One went, then another, one came back on, etc. So all in all, I put on 24,000 steps that day, and climbed ap and down at least 10 ladders to reset projectors! YIKES! I was tired, but I am glad all the PT is doing well on my knee, or I would have never been able to do what I did on Monday.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the video of the crunches, Pete (though my 4 years of high school German didn't help me much). They don't look difficult, but I haven't tried them yet....
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    I liked the video of the crunches, Pete (though my 4 years of high school German didn't help me much). They don't look difficult, but I haven't tried them yet....
    I've done three sets of 10 of these crunches. They seem pretty easy. I feel a little burn in my belly. Hope it helps get rid of the pred belly.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been lax (aka given up) doing the crunches. Just don't like that form of exercise.

The swimming is going well. For the last two weeks, I've hit the pool 3x each week doing 6x100 yards on three-minute cycles. Next week, I'll try 4x150 yards on four-minute cycles. The longer term goal is to do 1,500 yards non-stop in less than 40 minutes, which I was doing before wegs forced a long hiatus.

I've continued to eat pretty clean. I've lost almost four pounds in the last month, and the pred belly looks a bit smaller.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast