User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I came here to report that I finally really did go for a walk on my road, and it felt great! It was only about a mile and I'll go for more next time. The last one I went on was maybe in October or so and was much more difficult for me, so something has improved! I am chalking it up at least partially to having a good, supportive pair of walking/hiking shoes. I have problem feet and need this kind of support. Last time, I didn't think about the shoes, as the issues were showing up everywhere else, shortness of breath, back pain, etc. None of that happened this time. My pace may have been a little slow for some people, but it felt positive and great when I was done. I am also convinced that bad foot support, with my problem feet, contributes to my tendency to have episodes of vertigo. The feet, eyes, and ears all work together to send the brain messages about balance. That is my theory, partially suggested by a doc, and info seen on the web.
    Last edited by annekat; 01-21-2016 at 12:12 PM.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay, Anne! Did something for you! Good Anne... Salt and pepper first Anne??? Deb.
    Live,love,and laugh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debra View Post
    Yay, Anne! Did something for you! Good Anne... Salt and pepper first Anne??? Deb.
    Nope, never even crossed my mind.....
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I signed up to run the Columbus Half Marathon again! I started training and worked out this morning... I feel like I used all my spoons for the day already. I'm so glad we have this page to help keep me motivated to work out though, especially during the cold weather. Is it spring yet?
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rebekah View Post
    I signed up to run the Columbus Half Marathon again! I started training and worked out this morning... I feel like I used all my spoons for the day already. I'm so glad we have this page to help keep me motivated to work out though, especially during the cold weather. Is it spring yet?
    Good for you!! Hope the training builds your strength. You had a nice day to start training today, but it sounds like winter will return by next weekend...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had to try something different for fitness today. My left hip has been (painfully) telling me for several weeks that it doesn't like power walking. Today, I made my first serious attempt at lap swimming since Autumn 2011. After swimming 600 yards, I'm pleasantly tired. I swam 2x100 and 8x50 to get there. Plan to go back Friday and give it another go. I hope I can get back to swimming 1,500 yards nonstop 2-3 times weekly like I was before wegs...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey DAY 4 of being released from a broken foot, and a cortisone injection in my opposite knee on Friday.

I already am increasing the number of steps I take. Yesterday, 5,000--today, 8,000, tomorrow, hopefully 10,000!!!

It is taking some time to learn to walk correctly again after limping since September!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you guys... my walking regimen ended as soon as it started, due to back pain and major fatigue along with more SOB than usual..... turned out I'm quite anemic but it's all being checked out, no blood anywhere it shouldn't be, and it looks like my diet has been at fault. So eating better foods the last couple weeks, more meat, or other protein, and veggies, less of the bad filler stuff like bread, and taking high potency iron pills 3X day for 3 months. I feel better already and am not flaring, and my iron numbers are improving. We have beautiful weather this week, so I'll try to give walking a shot, even though it is spring allergy season.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    Hey DAY 4 of being released from a broken foot, and a cortisone injection in my opposite knee on Friday.

I already am increasing the number of steps I take. Yesterday, 5,000--today, 8,000, tomorrow, hopefully 10,000!!!

It is taking some time to learn to walk correctly again after limping since September!
    I had to get some Physical Therapy to correct my gait since I have limped all of this year. I have been walking on a broken foot for seven weeks and it took an MRI i requested yesterday to diagnose that it was broken. Earlier X-rays didn't show it. Before the broken foot I was slowed down with hernia and recovery from that surgery. Today I got a knee scooter so I can get around with the air boot cast brace I have to wear for three months. I think using that will give me quite a work out too.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about all that, drz, but it does sound like you'll get a workout! I hope the foot heals nicely and quickly.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast