User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    I was so looking forward to telling you all about my workout regimen and how I was able to lose 30 lbs. in the last three months. Deb and I had been walking, but I had to stop after a foot injury. Then I started my days with Ensure and that kept me going till 1 or so, small rollup with no bread or carbs at all. So I was going to come on this thread a boast about how well it was working. Well it wasn't. I have been diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. Hence the weight loss. It has been caught early and hopefully the medication will be approved so I can start treatment. Dr. Monach had ordered my usual round of bloods for WG and noticed increase in WBC so sent me to Hematologist last week. Diagnosis was confirmed last Tuesday, I think, and had Bone Marrow done yesterday. Pretty sore today. Anyway, I will leave this on the Virtual Workout thread because I really wanted to make you all jealous. By the way Dr. was quite impressed at my propensity to attract rare diseases.
    Dale
    Dear Dale. I am so sorry. I hope you can beat this away with minimum sufferings. I guess some meds might beat the wg as well. Not sure. Hang in there. Sending my prayers and lots of love ♡
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear about the new disease but I understand the risk for several forms of cancer increases somewhat after treatment for Wegs. It is just very unfortunate when it happens but many people get cancer without having any treatment for Wegs so generally I don't think it is a worry we need to take on till it happens. The one good thing is we have some experience in getting and dealing with treatment for serious chronic diseases which should help us get through it. Best wishes for successful treatment and better health soon.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sucks Dale. If only you were less attractive then you wouldn't be attracting these other conditions, but hey, what's one more

I also went through 6 months of dealing with a leukemia diagnosis, until they realized that it was the inflammation caused by WG, that was giving false readings.

Best of wishes to you with your new treatment regime
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Marathon Runners

Just wanted to give a shout out to Rebekah Wade and Sheila Martin. Sheila completed the Columbus Marathon and Rebekah ran the Columbus Half-Marathon today. They're great examples of not letting our dumb disease keep them from competing!!

While most of us won't run long distances, getting in better physical condition can only help improve our quality of life!

As the Nike ad says, "Just do it!"
    Last edited by Pete; 10-19-2015 at 02:24 PM.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Pete! This was definitely the hardest race for me, but my favorite by far! For part of the run I couldn't even feel my legs... and they are killing me right now. I know I'll be super sore tomorrow (and for the next few days), but giving the kids at each mile a high five was so worth it! I am so glad I got to meet up with Sheila for a quick picture before the marathon, too!
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such an awesome achievement Rebekah and Sheila.

Well done
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rebekah View Post
    Thanks, Pete! This was definitely the hardest race for me, but my favorite by far! For part of the run I couldn't even feel my legs... and they are killing me right now. I know I'll be super sore tomorrow (and for the next few days), but giving the kids at each mile a high five was so worth it! I am so glad I got to meet up with Sheila for a quick picture before the marathon, too!
    We'd love to see the picture, if it is available. What a great achievement, and congrats to you both! Now if I could just get myself walking on the road every day....
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our marathon runners!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy New Year -belatedly!!

I'll repeat the invitation made at the top of this thread for those who want some virtual support in an effort to get more fit.

I have been a bit of a slacker the past few months. My son and daughter-in-law sold their starter home and bought a newer home during 4th quarter of last year. That meant my wife and I were providing child care for three kids 4 yo and younger 3-4 days a week so they could get their old house ready to sell. Different kind of exercise.

I'm now getting back into the swing of things. I go to the Y 3x weekly and walk for about 35 minutes. Today, I resumed light resistance weight training. Hope to do this once or twice a week and swim occasionally.

What's everyone else up to??

BTW, tomorrow (12 Jan) is the fifth anniversary of my GPA diagnosis. I continue to do pretty well. I hope everyone on here can see improvement in their health this year.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete, that's great. But happy anniversary seems a little off to me? I'm up to no good, and hate excersise, always have. So there's my my answer, regardless weather you wanted it or no.... Pete, I'm happy for ya..... Deb.

Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast