User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wondered when that was going to happen! I quit talking about my bread, at least. Deb, glad to hear you have been walking and feel well enough to get back into the yoga and gym routine!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want a Putin. Anyway, could only make half a mile today, feet were not cooperating at all, see what tomorrow brings. It can be a work out making bread, knead and roll, knead and roll, punch and so on.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    I want a Putin. Anyway, could only make half a mile today, feet were not cooperating at all, see what tomorrow brings. It can be a work out making bread, knead and roll, knead and roll, punch and so on.
    Dale
    Yeah, except I made it in a bread machine. I used to make bread the old fashioned way and was pretty good at it. Actually, though, making pottery is more of a workout than making bread. There is a lot of kneading involved, clay is stiffer than dough, and I can get a little out of breath. In a good way, though. And I sometimes have to lift heavy things like 50# boxes of clay and kiln shelves. So I'm getting both aerobic and weight-bearing exercise.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And. I am sure you wear a mask?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    And. I am sure you wear a mask?
    Ahem. Well, a mask is not necessary when working with wet clay, but any part of the process that involves dry fired or unfired clay dust, glaze dust, or fumes from the kiln, should not be done without protection. I often wear a bandana, as the typical dust masks make my glasses fog up and I can't see. For some things, I can take off my glasses. A good fitting respirator would be best, and one that didn't interfere with my field of vision. It's on my list. There are some semi-disposable ones available that aren't as expensive. Oh, and my kiln has a venting system with a fan that takes the fumes outside the building.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I started of my day by raking a big pile of leaves left over from the fall and ended up walking 4 1/2 miles today. I have a watch that also tells me steps walk ( which was over 11,000 today !!!! ) calories burned and miles. So I had a pretty good day. It is so much better with spring here and can get outside.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was so looking forward to telling you all about my workout regimen and how I was able to lose 30 lbs. in the last three months. Deb and I had been walking, but I had to stop after a foot injury. Then I started my days with Ensure and that kept me going till 1 or so, small rollup with no bread or carbs at all. So I was going to come on this thread a boast about how well it was working. Well it wasn't. I have been diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. Hence the weight loss. It has been caught early and hopefully the medication will be approved so I can start treatment. Dr. Monach had ordered my usual round of bloods for WG and noticed increase in WBC so sent me to Hematologist last week. Diagnosis was confirmed last Tuesday, I think, and had Bone Marrow done yesterday. Pretty sore today. Anyway, I will leave this on the Virtual Workout thread because I really wanted to make you all jealous. By the way Dr. was quite impressed at my propensity to attract rare diseases.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've talked about this by email. But it sounds like you were on a workout and diet regimen and at least some of the weight loss could have been from that! So, without the CML, you still might have lost, say, 15 lbs. in 3 months, which would have been pretty good. The walking and diet changes couldn't have hurt and could only have helped. I am glad that Dr. Monach caught this early and that you will be getting proper treatment, which will likely put you into remission from this, or get it under control. I don't see how the medication could not be approved.... best of luck with that.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Dale,

The CML diagnosis really sucks. That's enough rare diseases for you. Hope the treatment works quickly, well, and with no nasty side effects.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dale ,sorry to hear about the leukemia dx. That does really suck, I didn't know you were going through all of this. What are they giving you for this ? They just found this from your blood work or were you having any kind of symtems ? Hope all is going well...keep us updated
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast