User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did some strength training exercises (lunges, squats, planks) this morning. Boy, am I exhausted... but I bought some new, bright pink sneakers to motivate me. I ran Monday morning since we had gorgeous 70 degree weather, but couldn't even run one mile without feeling like death. It sure was nice to get outside to enjoy the sunshine that day though. It's back to the 40 degrees, and I just want this cold weather to go away already.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with you, Rebekah!! When I do one cycle of reps on all the machines at the Y, I'm pretty wiped out for awhile. I am trying to get into the pattern of weight training on Tuesdays and Fridays. I still walk 2-3 miles 3-4 days a week. I'm trying to get motivated to begin swimming again too.

Just keep on keepin' on!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I went to the gym yesterday,worked on several different machines,walked 1 1/2 miles on the treadmill then came home a did a yoga/pilates video. Today I went to 1 grocery store,came out to discover my tire almost flat, it had some kind of metal in it so had to get it plugged,then went to another grocery store and came home and did 2 work out dvds. I'm beat,but gonna hit the gym tomorrow.
    You missing Fl. yet,Rebekah !!I have 43 more days and I will be there for 3 weeks ( but whose counting )
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so glad we're motivating each other! I did a little strength training before my Rituxan infusion this morning. I'm up and walking around 8 hours a day at my job at the pharmacy, and that definitely is a workout, especially when we get huge fluid orders in during the week and I'm lifting super heavy boxes to put them away.

Have fun in Florida, Debra! Pack me in your suitcase please - I miss the Florida sunshine and beaches!
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shared this What Does Moderate Exercise Mean, Anyway? ? Health Hub from Cleveland Clinic on my facebook page earlier. It gives some good examples of what moderate exercise is and how to compute your optimum heart rate while exercising.

I've been doing fairly well with exercise over the past several weeks. I've had to be more flexible in scheduling with the arrival of grandbaby #3, but I still get to the Y twice a week (going today) to do some light weight training. Now that the weather is nicer, I'm also walking outside more. This old bod is slowly toning up. Almost lost the man boobs and the belly is slowly flattening. I can wear size 34 jeans comfortably.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job, Pete! Losing the man boobs and belly would be a big one. I'd like to lose some of my extra bulk in those two areas, too. After all, I'm only 5 feet tall and don't need to be carrying around a lot of extra stuff. Your continued persistence with your exercise regimen is inspiring! It's good to know that the "old bod" CAN tone up!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Pete you are doing well. Ah the days, wore 34" for most of my pre WG days. Won't say what i'm in now but have dropped one size. Yeah me. Anyway, still walking the 1 mile but may try to increase tomorrow. Close to a twenty minute mile. Oh, and the man boobs? Good for you. You are an inspiration of what we can do and become. Congratulations on number 3, my daughter just had number 6 for her.
    Dale

Still got snow on the ground!!
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done Pete with sharing & inspiring us
    Weve been looking after a friends dogs this week so have been walking lots extra this week . 1 1/5 miles every night round the local lake , made all the nicer by the lovely weather . 18 & 19 highs : warmer than Spain ( rare for the U K )
    Will try & keep it up next week when the pugs owner is home 👍

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are making me feel guilty about not walking, which would be so easy to do. A mile every three days would be doable, as a minimum. There's just always some reason not to... like right now, I'm firing my kiln and don't want to leave it alone, not safe. I'm also making bread in the bread machine and when it's done I'm going to eat it with butter on it! But keep up the reports, I need to hear them. I did pull a few weeds yesterday and got tired just doing that... but then my weeds are pretty extreme. Time to get out the weed eater, which is also not the easiest on my five foot body, but I can do it!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too would do lots of butter
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast