User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dkathleen View Post
    It has been over a month since I have done much more than walking to and from parking garage still work. This week I started taking the stairs, at work, to the second floor. I then take the elevator to the 5th floor. It is a good start.
    Walking and climbing some stairs is a good start. I got busy and haven't walked for a few days. But I did it for three days, it could have been a mile, I'm not sure, but in any case, felt great improvement in how I felt doing it over those three days. When I have time, I think I'll have no trouble getting out there again and hope to add some distance and start going in the direction where there are more hills.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way to go, ladies!! Keep on keepin' on!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Way to go, ladies!! Keep on keepin' on!!
    I am not working tomorrow so I should be able to get a walk in if I don't allow myself to get distracted by other things. It is raining cats and dogs here, but I have an umbrella! Who wouldn't, living in western Washington! Anyway, thanks for the reminder, Pete!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think,like Nikki, I am going to make the 19th my birthday !! Tomorrow I am going to start at the gym. I went out checked it out Fri. and it is pretty nice ..alot of equipment. I just wish they had a pool. But I am determined to lose 8-10 lbs and some inches !!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a new gym/fitness center being built 2 miles from my house, and I live in a mostly rural area. It is only in the beginning stages and I don't even know the name of it or whether it is a well-known chain, or what kind of facilities it will have. But it looks pretty big. It will be interesting to see, and if I like it, I'll be a lot more likely to go to it at that location instead of driving 8-10 miles or more into town.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to ask a question, if I may
    Too bad, I'm asking anyway

Diamond Head in Hawaii - do you think it is possible, for someone in our condition, to walk this trail and stairs?

If you have done it - was it easy or hard? was it pre WG or after?
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go for it Mish,they can always send a rescue up to get you !!!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a nice little workout by doing a quick cleaning of my gutters late yesterday, just before dusk.... with the rain we are getting, they sorely needed it and it will need to be done again soon. The workout was largely from carrying a heavy ladder around, and this was after moving heavy crates of lily bulbs around at work. I just have a small house, more of a cabin, so it was only about 58 feet of gutters, which in retrospect, sounds like a lot, but isn't, compared to most houses. I got it done in less than an hour but didn't have time to do the very best job. Just enough to keep the rainwater moving.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Go for it Mish,they can always send a rescue up to get you !!!!
    Debra, would the rescue people be 'hot' uniform type males
    I wonder how Trev would get back
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    I got a nice little workout by doing a quick cleaning of my gutters late yesterday, just before dusk.... with the rain we are getting, they sorely needed it and it will need to be done again soon. The workout was largely from carrying a heavy ladder around, and this was after moving heavy crates of lily bulbs around at work. I just have a small house, more of a cabin, so it was only about 58 feet of gutters, which in retrospect, sounds like a lot, but isn't, compared to most houses. I got it done in less than an hour but didn't have time to do the very best job. Just enough to keep the rainwater moving.

Anne, you are awesome
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast