User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The days of summer are almost over here in Ohio.

I'll be returning to workouts at the Y. Will walk for 45 minutes 4-5x weekly and modify NikkiNicole's 30-day ab challenge in an effort to finish off the pred belly.

What are the rest of you doing??
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Golfing 3 days/wk, walking courses partially (lots of hills), stretch 3x week for 20 minutes, practice golf on non-play days (includes walking, balancing, timing), aaaannnnd I drink too much Coke along w/ my coffee! LOL! Hey, gotta retain some bad habits, hate perfection!!!!! Hmmm, that sounded like a condescending 'old man' as some on here think I am...I guess they're right...LOL, who cares?!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have been faithful to gym four times a week, walk one mile, slowly, and cycle two miles for right now, feel good, still waiting for the pounds to start crumbling. Jealous of the golf, DD.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'd been thinking about this thread, since I've gotten some workouts lately, so I'm glad you dredged it up. I wish my workouts were normal things like walking, going to the gym or doing yoga, or even golf. But they always end up being things that are actual work, like stacking firewood, and my latest was cleaning out a 200 sq. ft. portable rental storage shed on my property so I could have them take it away and I could stop paying for it. That took me about a week of moving things, contorting myself to put things in the crawl space under my house, stacking things on the porch or wherever I could, and with some firewood stacking in there, too, to get it out of the way of the truck that would haul the shed. That week really wiped me out as a Weggie and some symptoms came back, but I don't think its a flare, as they are dissipating with a little extra rest. I just didn't get much done this week, or at the rate I wanted to. The next stage will be lots more organizing and moving things around and maybe some trips to the dump.
    Last edited by annekat; 10-19-2014 at 02:35 PM.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to try a water aerobics class at the Y tomorrow. I need a change of pace in my workouts. I hope my exercise-induced asthma doesn't kick in. I have an albuterol inhaler in my gym bag just in case.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I haven't done a darn thing since I got back from Fl. and I feel it . I hate the cold weather here and in 2 weeks we change the clocks...UGH !!!!! I think I have that SADD disease. I need the sun and the beach. The Y here is in the worst part of town and I don't think it is the cleanest place or safest to work out at. I loved doing the water areobics with the weights while I was away in my sisters pool ...but my tub isn't deep enough !!!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Well I haven't done a darn thing since I got back from Fl. and I feel it . I hate the cold weather here and in 2 weeks we change the clocks...UGH !!!!! I think I have that SADD disease. I need the sun and the beach. The Y here is in the worst part of town and I don't think it is the cleanest place or safest to work out at. I loved doing the water areobics with the weights while I was away in my sisters pool ...but my tub isn't deep enough !!!!
    Deb, maybe you should think about moving back to Florida; there must be some decent WG docs there who could consult with your docs at CC. Just an idea.

One other thing, I just checked to make sure, and daylight savings time ends on Nov. 2, so it is ONE week from now, instead of two, unless Ohio is different. I know of at least one state, Arizona, that does it differently, or half of it doesn't do it at all, or something like that.... Don? Anyway, sorry to break that news to you... I may have some of that SADD stuff going, too, here in rainy Washington. We had a stellar summer, lots of sun and heat, but now the drippiness is back. It can be depressing, when it drags on for days. Today was sunny, and people were noticeably more cheerful.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AZ has all the vitamin D and sun one could want...there ARE a few critters wandering around, but we feed the touristas to them! Lots of room here Deb, and 20% cheaper on the dollar than most other states! Beats dodging snow flakes!!!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Deb, maybe you should think about moving back to Florida; there must be some decent WG docs there who could consult with your docs at CC. Just an idea.

One other thing, I just checked to make sure, and daylight savings time ends on Nov. 2, so it is ONE week from now, instead of two, unless Ohio is different. I know of at least one state, Arizona, that does it differently, or half of it doesn't do it at all, or something like that.... Don? Anyway, sorry to break that news to you... I may have some of that SADD stuff going, too, here in rainy Washington. We had a stellar summer, lots of sun and heat, but now the drippiness is back. It can be depressing, when it drags on for days. Today was sunny, and people were noticeably more cheerful.
    Anne, I would love to move back to FL., in fact I was checking out apts. and sublets BUT I have my 87 year old mother that I can't leave and she won't go SO I will have to make due with little trips down there when I can.
    Yea ,I knew the clocks change on the @nd but I was thinking I had 2 weeks...thanks !!!! I think in Ind. only half the state changing the clocks. It is supposed to go close to 70 the next couple of days then have SNOW flurries on Fri. I HATE IT
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started the water aerobics class this morning. I finished the workout with no problem and no asthma symptoms. The water was comfortably warm. I think I may give lap swimming a try again. I'd rather do some more of that than strictly land-based workouts.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast