User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all my life I HATED exercises, I used to invent original excuses for not participating in sport lessons at school, in the army I arranged myself exemption from sport and the like, and later I didn't move much UNTIL wg.....
    then, at the beginning, one day, when I was depressed and desperate, from breathing heavly, from nose bleeding, from ears full of fluids, and hearing loss, and b4 clear dx.... then I saw at the ENT department at the hospital an expalantion that walking can release fluids from the ears.
    so in a last desperate step I started to walk.
    and it really helped me.....
    5 years later and I am still walking.... every day at least 30 min, sometimes outside the house and sometimes inside, walking like in an aerobic exercise.
    it clears my airways (lungs, nose), "opens" my "full" ears... walking for my joints is like the oil for the "Tin Man" in the "wizard from Oz".... and it keeps the figure as well....
    like the say in "Forrest Gump": "run, Forrest, run" - I can say: "walk, weggie, walk" ....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're so cute... Thanks for the great advice. I didn't know it would help with the ear troubles etc. more motivation for me to get moving. Soon....
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! I wish walking would help my ears. One tube fell out a month ago and now I have fluid again so exercising hasn't helped me in that dept. Prednisone reduced to 17.5, imuran increased to 200mg and I'm scheduled to have a tube placed on Thursday. Hoping I have ears left after the Rolling Stones concert tomorrow!!
    I am a strong person, but every now and then I also need someone to take my hand & say everything will be alright....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jvilner View Post
    Wow! I wish walking would help my ears. One tube fell out a month ago and now I have fluid again so exercising hasn't helped me in that dept. Prednisone reduced to 17.5, imuran increased to 200mg and I'm scheduled to have a tube placed on Thursday. Hoping I have ears left after the Rolling Stones concert tomorrow!!
    Does your ENT plan to remove the fluid when he/she put in the tube(s)? When I had my tubes, the ENT used a suction through the incision for the tube to remove most of the fluid before he put in the tube. Might help you get a head start on the excess fluid.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jvilner View Post
    wow, you are going to the Rolling Stones concert
    the walking should help. try it every day and be patient. when I had ears full of fluids only 30mg of pred for not less then a week dried them. I didnt agree to do tubes. it sounds to me too risky. but I know some weggies here did. you can open a thread about it. anyway, good luck and enjoy the concert ! Happy Shavuot !
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MikeG-yes for sure the ent does a suction. Problem is, as he puts it, it's a drop in an ocean of what's going on in my ears 😞
    I am a strong person, but every now and then I also need someone to take my hand & say everything will be alright....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Popping in to check with my work out crew!
    I walk every day.
    No sugar/grains/carbs etc.
    Down 30lbs and counting. sayonara prednisone weight ... now I'm working on the rest of the weight.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just returned from vacation in Solomon's, MD, where we celebrated my nephew's retirement from the US Navy. While there, took a walking tour of Historic St Mary's City, Maryland's first capital city. Also pushed the tandem stroller with both grandkids on a 2-mile walk. Down about six pounds since January. Dropping almost a pound per month.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiNicole View Post
    I walk every day.
    Down 30lbs and counting. sayonara prednisone weight ... now I'm working on the rest of the weight.
    You are doing great! 30lbs. is a lot to lose! Congratulations!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiNicole View Post
    I walk every day.
    Right on Nikki,

I'm on the same program as you, and am also back to my pre-diagnosis weight. I'm joogly (i.e. no muscle like before when I was fit as a fiddle) but am wearing my old clothes and daing that feels good.
    I was almost at 190lbs during the height of pred ugliness, and am hoovering between 142 and 145lbs. Wooohooo!
    Now just to reacquaint myself with muscle mass. That takes a little more effort.

Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast