User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a really good week. Got to the Y every day. Did the weight workout twice and the walking workout three times.

Saw my PCP on Tuesday. My vital signs were the best the have been since dx. Labs were in normal range. Losing 0.5-1 pound a week on average. Clothes are starting to fit better. Down to 8 mg/day of pred.

Progress is slow, but it's still progress!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Pete I am so excited for you. And jealous! I need to get out and move again. I'm gonna give myself til Sunday. Then, on Monday, I'm going to start walking again. I can't do any weights until the end of the month but I can at least get walking!!!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiNicole View Post
    Oh Pete I am so excited for you. And jealous! I need to get out and move again. I'm gonna give myself til Sunday. Then, on Monday, I'm going to start walking again. I can't do any weights until the end of the month but I can at least get walking!!!
    Hi Nikki,
    Glad to hear you're feeling better. Your return to exercise seems to be a reasonable plan. Just listen to your body and don't overdo things. Good luck!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today, the sidewalks in our neighborhood are finally clear of ice and snow!! Took a three-mile walk outdoors for the first time since mid-November.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a pretty good week of workouts this week. Walked outside twice and did the indoor workout with weights twice. We had the grandkids on Thursday. Livy is a little dickens. Had to stop her from climbing the stairs a half dozen times. Got a little weight training each time I picked her up.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I had to change a tire by myself here in my driveway. There was a big old bolt in it. Then I took it in and got it fixed. This does not sound like too big a deal but it's not something I do everyday, and I have a few bruises and minor aches from manhandling those tires. My tires are big, and there was a little weight-bearing exercise there.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started Pulmonary rehab this week and went three times. I noticed this morning that my triceps are a little sore so that is good. I get to go three times a week for 23 visits this first go round. It felt good. I also had oxygen support there which helped a lot.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Pete and my fellow. Workout buddies! I am finally hitting the pavement with my long runs again. And it feels great!

I am doing paleo\atkinish diet to lose weight along with strength n conditioning. I usually post on my fitness blog but will try to keep up with everyone this spring on the forum too.

Sheila
    Sheila-dx and delivered baby Joshua January 2013 (Welcomed Baby Joshua)
    Follow my blog: http://charitymartinsfitnessjourney.tumblr.com ( a blog/daily journal about diet, exercise and health while being a wife, mom and WG patient)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm taking it easy this week. I had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday (so I'm 25% less wise today), and the oral surgeon wants me to avoid lifting for a few days. The procedure went very well. I'm not taking any pain medication at all.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww, feel better Pete! I am thinking of taking this week a little easy myself. I've been working out now for almost 20 weeks straight and you have to add some recovery time in there. I think If I do anything it will be in the form of low impact, walking. Today is gloomy in Ohio. So a big cup of coffee is all I'm doing right now while Joshua sleeps in.

How are you feeling.. PM me or email me…I'd love to hear how your progressing. Stay well my friend. Sheila
    Sheila-dx and delivered baby Joshua January 2013 (Welcomed Baby Joshua)
    Follow my blog: http://charitymartinsfitnessjourney.tumblr.com ( a blog/daily journal about diet, exercise and health while being a wife, mom and WG patient)

Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast