User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Hoovering 1200 sq. ft. of carpet would be a pretty good workout.

OK to talk about weather if in the same post with talk about exercise. We got some snow here. It makes my hazelnut tree look very pretty. I'm charging my camera batteries so I can take a pic if it doesn't melt first. It is not enough snow to get any exercise from, though, and should be gone by tomorrow.

I will continue to get exercise from scrounging firewood. Our forum buddy Kirk, or me2, dropped off a big bundle of pine kindling and some other burnable wood, which was very sweet of him.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's awesome Kirk. What a wonderful thing to do.

Well weather and exercise talk it is.
    It is so so hot here in Australia. We have had so many days of 40c (104f) and over in Melbourne, Adelaide and other parts of Australia, that it's getting to the point of ridiculous........now we have fires

With it being so hot, there is just no way you can get out and exercise - a little like when it is so cold and snowing.
    Our Aust and NZ WG facebook group are also being workout and weight loss buddies for each other.
    In three weeks I have lost 2 kilo (4 1/2 pound). I am trying to walk a little faster. I do at least 150 stairs each day and I have stopped eating biscuits with my cups of tea. Other than that, I haven't really changed the foods I eat. Hopefully it cools down soon and we can get out more.

Keep up the good work everyone
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know how hard it is to exercise in 104F. because I lived someplace where it occasionally got that hot for a few days, and in general was just plain hot all summer. Well, there's always swimming! Bicycling wasn't bad either, if you weren't going for speed. I hope it cools down soon!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back from the Y and grocery store. Had a strong workout. Walked for 35 minutes, did two sets of 12 reps on the machines (up from 10 reps), and 36 crunches. I was a good boy at the grocery store. Walked by the baked goods and only drooled a little.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Boy did the rain come!!!! Not clear from the drought by any means but small stream flood advisories, standing water, trees falling, people crashing their vehicles left and right. It was a gnarly lil storm. We got about 8 inches of rain in a few days. It's sunny now but the clouds are out on the peripheral of the sky and promising more rain for Wednesday.

I found a small gym/training place run by two ladies, one of which is a fellow cancer survivor. We went for our first class this morning and annihilated our legs. I was planning on walking afterwards but, I was toast. I promised my dog we would walk tomorrow. I'll be hitting these classes on Monday Wednesday and Friday and walking in between or on the same day if I can.

It seems like a lot but I am over the moon at how I felt afterwards. I have missed that feeling so much. It's like a drug ... except not illegal or bad for you.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiNicole View Post
    Oh Boy did the rain come!!!! Not clear from the drought by any means but small stream flood advisories, standing water, trees falling, people crashing their vehicles left and right. It was a gnarly lil storm. We got about 8 inches of rain in a few days. It's sunny now but the clouds are out on the peripheral of the sky and promising more rain for Wednesday.

I found a small gym/training place run by two ladies, one of which is a fellow cancer survivor. We went for our first class this morning and annihilated our legs. I was planning on walking afterwards but, I was toast. I promised my dog we would walk tomorrow. I'll be hitting these classes on Monday Wednesday and Friday and walking in between or on the same day if I can.

It seems like a lot but I am over the moon at how I felt afterwards. I have missed that feeling so much. It's like a drug ... except not illegal or bad for you.
    Awwwwwesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is encouraging, Nikki. Even if you are not clearly out of the drought, that is a lot of rain in a few days, with more to come. Yay! And congrats on continuing the workouts and dog walks.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am able to go back to the rehab to workout tomorrow but I think I did too much on Thurs. My ankles feel like they want to give out on me when I walk around the house now. I have do go get my bloodwork done in the a.m. so I'll see afterwards. I don't want to mess my ankles up for walking on the beach in 4 weeks( but whose counting !!!!)
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could be typing here about the recent exercise I've done, but I can't. I currently have sciatica & am in pain just getting out of bed & walking around the house to do stuff.

I've been signed off work since Mid Dec. I've been going out for small journeys (medical apps, bus to visit my mum in hospital, walk to the shop, etc) about 3 to 4 times a week, & about 90% of the time I've been in pain after a couple of minutes.

I can't wait until I'm able to fully exercise again. I love playing football (including 5-a-side), going to the gym & cycling. I was just starting to 'run' (well, jog) when my back pain started last year.

I completed (jog & walk intervals) a 10km in May & have recently got the email telling me about the same event this year. I really want to take part, but not sure if I'll be able to. I was planning on being able to run the whole thing this year.

I work in retail & when I'm at work I'm on my feet & walking around all day. When I'm not in pain, I love my job & being active.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi AC2,

I hope that your treatment regimen produces quick and long-lasting results.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast