User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's raining in Northern California!!!! It rained most of the day yesterday and is still lightly raining today. This will in NO way bring us out of drought fears thus far. Our major river that floods every ten years is drier than it's been in decades. I guess no flood fears this year.
    I didn't walk yesterday as I was trying to get some house stuff done. I went through the mail, got our tax forms ready (the W2s anyway, I have to dig up some more stuff), grocery shopped, washed dishes, made dinner. I stayed moving but didn't do an official walk.
    I might get my umbrella and take the dog for a walk when I get out of work. We'll see how hard it's raining.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad to hear it is raining. I hope it will be a continuing pattern, so that you might eventually get "out of the woods" regarding the effects of a lasting drought. I know you will get out walking again, either way.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally came out of hibernation today. Got to the Y and walked for 35 minutes and did the usual chest presses, shoulder presses, and crunches. Lost two pounds this past week. Feeling good!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I went to the pulmy rehab today and started off doing stretches,then up and down on a step for a few minutes,spent 1/2 hr on the treadmill,did 1/2 hr on a stationary bike and 20 min on a strider.After that I had to go to the Dollar Store for a few things,then to 1 grocery store and had to pick up a couple of things at another grocery store. I feel like a wet noodle !!!!! But it did feel good to get moving again...can't wait to go back Tuesday.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    I would like to point out that we are well aware that it is much colder in Canada than most places in the US. The reason we are as low as -10C. in Olympia, WA is that cold air from Canada is colliding with warmer air coming in from the Pacific Ocean. Under no circumstances are we going to feel warm or comfortable at -10C just because it is -34C somewhere else! I do appreciate, though, your sharing the weather conditions up there, as it does put things into perspective, even though it doesn't make me feel any less cold.
    Our forecast for tonight is minus 32 F or minus 36 C but then we will have heat wave we hope with temps above zero F for several days next week for a change. I guess we are used to it and think plus five degrees F with sun shining is a nice warm day so we use our light weight coats unbuttoned when we go out. Many of the young often go out in hooded sweat shirts. But our temps are mild compared with many places where minus 35 F would be a warm day.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Our forecast for tonight is minus 32 F or minus 36 C but then we will have heat wave we hope with temps above zero F for several days next week for a change. I guess we are used to it and think plus five degrees F with sun shining is a nice warm day so we use our light weight coats unbuttoned when we go out. Many of the young often go out in hooded sweat shirts. But our temps are mild compared with many places where minus 35 F would be a warm day.
    I had to sit outside all day in what feels cold to me. It is not good for my Wegs symptoms. It makes me cough up a storm. It is fine for people to go around in hooded sweatshirts if they have someplace warm to go and aren't earning a living by sitting in the cold all day. Now it is snowing, which means it is warming up.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's get off weather and back to workouts.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK Anne, I'll get us on topic with both...

I spent my day yesterday walking behind the snowblower two times for an hour each time. Two hours of walking and turning that monster around was all the workout I needed yesterday. I'm paying for all that today--legs are sore and overall, pretty slow and fatigued this morning.

So, there you have it, excercise and the weather and all on topic!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's Sunday, Mike, and you can relax. I hope you are staying warm. All that exercise with the snowblower may do you some good in the long run.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been a slug this weekend. We had our kids and grandkids over for dinner last night, so my physical activity yesterday was Hoovering the carpets downstairs (some 1200 sq feet of them). Today, we're getting more snow so the roads between here and the Y are still pretty slippery. Hope to get back into the routine tomorrow...

Good news is I've lost 5 lbs since Christmas. About 10 more to go.

Oh, the nutritionist cancelled on me. Don't know if I'll reschedule as my wife is NOT excited about me going on a special diet. Perhaps now that my pred dosage is going to fall below 10 mg/day, my appetite will decrease and I'll be able to lose weight primarily through managing portion size and sugar intake. (I've already pretty much given up beer and wine !!)
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast