User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, maybe it'll snow in Santa Rosa, Nikki! If it's that cold with precipitation. It snowed in Davis once or twice in the 22 years I lived there.

We are entering a cold spell here, too, for us.... in the low 20's F. at night.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunny, blue skies with big fluffy clouds, perfect temperature .... I walked 3.4 miles. I may even hit the treadmill on my break. I am so tired of not seeing the scale MOVE! I eat so healthy, I walk every day (except once in awhile I don't walk) and ..... nothing.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would assume part of that weight retention are the drugs. Was for me, took forever to get it off. Keep at it!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would feel SO much better if the number would just move. At the very least to get rid of the extra Prednisone weight. Then, I can just look at trying to lose the other weight that I had to lose. Argh
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Nikki,

I feel your pain. Still holding at the same weight for almost a month and disappointed about it. Probably not getting to the Y much this week. Wife is overnighting at her Mom's tonight with our only operating car. (Convertible is in storage.) We're under a winter storm warning starting tomorrow afternoon. Local weather guy says we could get 8" tomorrow night and Wednesday. Have I mentioned that I hate winter???
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have lost weight. Not in a bad way; I've been eating OK and getting a fair amount of exercise. Especially from my firewood gathering projects. But the weight stays in that one place, around the middle. It's got to be pred weight and maybe "wheat belly", though I've reduced my wheat intake somewhat. I've got my pred down to 7mg./day and heading for 5mg. I seem to be having less problem than I did around 8-10mg.

We are expecting temps in the teens at night later this week. That kind of cold, while not quite what you've had, Pete, could cause me more stress and cause trouble with the pred taper. Based on past experience. Did I mention I hate winter, too?
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Losing weight does take some time. Longer for some than others. Your internal thermostat needs to be reset and, once your body figures out that this is the new routine (more exercise consistently along with fewer "bad" calories) it will make the adjustment. This is why many people re-gain weight after dieting, their body has not made a permanent change. Once regular exercise becomes part of your lifestyle you will see the change but again, it can take time. Remember, the biggest benefit to regular exercise is improved health and energy; weight loss will come eventually. I have found that when my activity level increases (spring and summer) I will not lose any weight for a few months and then all of a sudden I start to drop weight once my my body figures out..."hey...this is for real"!

On another note, its -35C here in Jasper today.

Stay active and all sorts of good things will happen but be patient and don't give up!

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Current Conditions

-34°C

Observed at: Jasper Warden StationDate: 6:00 AM MST Thursday 6 February 2014
    Condition:Not observedPressure:103.8 kPa Tendency:falling Temperature:-33.9°C Dewpoint:-37.0°C Humidity:74%Wind: S 7 km/h Wind Chill:

As I was saying...its cold here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianR View Post
    Current Conditions

-34°C

Condition:Not observedPressure:103.8 kPa Tendency:falling Temperature:-33.9°C Dewpoint:-37.0°C Humidity:74%Wind: S 7 km/h Wind Chill:

more cold then my freezer

I am sending to you and to my other freezing friends some sun and warmness from Israel. eventough it is considered to be winter, most of the time it is sunny here. (after that the gov will claim that we don't have enough water and raise the prices of water, but this is another story).
    stay warm. keep on exercising.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianR View Post
    Current Conditions

-34°C

I would like to point out that we are well aware that it is much colder in Canada than most places in the US. The reason we are as low as -10C. in Olympia, WA is that cold air from Canada is colliding with warmer air coming in from the Pacific Ocean. Under no circumstances are we going to feel warm or comfortable at -10C just because it is -34C somewhere else! I do appreciate, though, your sharing the weather conditions up there, as it does put things into perspective, even though it doesn't make me feel any less cold.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast