User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Unfortunately, I have been pretty much housebound since Friday. Between 5" of snow over the weekend and subzero temps the last couple of days, I decided that discretion was the better part of valor. Will head for the Y tomorrow afternoon and get busy again!
    This is a great thread you started Pete. We all know the value of regular exercise but it is hard to get motivated, no matter who you are. Having a buddy to train with in person or virtually is a great help. Most important is that you do something regularly. Don't binge exercise...focus on frequency (this creates the habit) and then up the intensity and duration over time and you will have greater success. I really do not want to sound like a know it all because I am not but...the effect that regular exercise has on mental well being is well documented and highly under rated. As my running/riding buddy says..."when the going gets tough, the tough hit the trail". Exercise is more than good for your body, it filters the brain and makes one more peaceful and happier; simple as that.

Good on all of you for doing this!

Brian - husband of Marta the Magnificent

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Pete, So glad you posted this. My husband complains to all my doctors because he thinks I'm walking too much, & guess what they all say !!! It's so good for you keep it going.
    My body is so weird, when I was on high doses of pred I lost weight & now that I'm tapering off & on 2mgs I'm putting on weight. So I'm walking my butt off to loose weight .
    My doctors are going to start taking me off all my meds because my anca has been right down for 6mths now. I must admit I'm a little scared about this because i was doing so well on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I walked 3.5 miles on Wednesday, 3.2 miles on Thursday and now I'm at work so I'll only be able to MAYBE get two miles in on my break. I need to walk everyday. My weight still won't budge. grrrrrrr
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Walked for 35 minutes today. Did the usual with the machines and crunches. Bought a pair of size 34 jeans today, and they fit!!! Lost some inches, but the weight and "physique" remain the same... Sigh
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found a great walk last week,went right down a big hill & found 132 steps (I counted them while puffing & panting) that took me up to the top of the hill.

Had to stop a couple of times because my heart rate was very fast but felt great afterwards. Think I'll add that into my walk from now on.

Think I'm walking about 4km a day now and I must say I feel great in body & mind. Am feeling well now so might as well make the most of it, never know what's around the corner with WG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't walk today. I was/am feeling mildly fluish ... mildly. More like possibly getting a cold ... it feels worse than usual. Ugh. No walk.
    Tomorrow, I will walk!

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I walked yesterday on my break at work. 2.2 miles. I did like 10 squats while standing at my desk.
    Today, it is pouring out (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY) and I will head downstairs to the treadmill. I will walk in rain ... but, this is like sideways rain at times. No thanks. I don't want to work the rest of my shift all wet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so glad to hear about the rain!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you are getting that rain you guys so needed there ,Nikki
    Pete,Congrats on getting to a size 34, that is awesome,you are doing really good.
    I got a call that my ins doesn't cover the rehab place I was going to use...they want $ 40.00 a month and I can use it Tues. and Thurs. at certain times. I don't know if I'm going to use it or just force myself to get into a workout program a home.
    But I'm really happy for all of you that are sticking to this and seeing some results ,even if it is just feeling better
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was only sprinkling when my break started so I headed outside to try and get a quick walk in before the heavy rain returned. Well ... it was FREEEEEEEZING!!!!! I made it to the outer part of the parking lot and my hands were numb. Numb numb numb. I came back in and headed towards the department gym. Unfortunately, there were a bunch of people in there (really?!) so I did laps up and down the halls in our building. Thankfully, it's Sunday so all the admin folks and detectives aren't hanging out in the office. I can imagine I'd get quite a look for how many times I passed by the investigations unit!!!
    I only got a mile in. I could have gone for more but I'd walked in circles enough.

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast