User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Hey! Phil and I were working out our brains...??????????????????????? It was a short workout! LMAO!
    That's pretty cute, Don!! Lol
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, back on topic..... Today I did something I'd been talking about for years, I climbed the wild, jungle-like hill behind my house. As a kid, I called this hill Gorilla Hill because of the way it looked to me. There are giant ferns on the way up, which I have to grab onto. At the top, it levels off gradually, but goes back another 200 feet or so of very wild terrain, with lots of undergrowth and tangled shrubs and whatnot. It is hard to make one's way, and involves using my joints and muscles in ways they are not used to. It felt like a great workout, and made me feel rejuvenated. Some day I'll take some pictures of Gorilla Hill and post them. (If SOMEONE would create an actual trail or path up there, it would be a lot easier to go up there more often!)
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I don't know exactly what's wrong with me .... I spent today doing the awesome sport of ....................

couch surfing.

I watched "Sleepy Hollow" (the 1999 movie with johnny depp, I love that movie), "This is the End", "Wreck It Ralph", "Mean Girls" and "The Princess Bride"

and then an hour long Vitamix thing on the shopping channel QVC because hubby bought me a Vitamix yesterday for our upcoming anniversary and I wanted to see people do cool things with it!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have been eating more fish and sweet potatoes. Oatmeal and fruit in a.m. I have drinking smoothies and have lost 2 lbs. !!!! I ask my pulmy doc if I could go back to Pulmanary rehab. simply because they have alot of nice machines ( treadmills, statioary bikes and weights ) so I should know today if my ins will cover it, they should since he referred me back there. The " Y " here is in the bad part of the "hood" so I don't want to go there. But I have several workout programs recorded on the t.v. that I'm going to start doing.And I have to get back into yoga...I just gotta get away from this damn computer and do it.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki, I have a lot to lose too, like 25 lbs! Its so difficult to get a "system" of walking an working out. I feel just BLA, and my age doesnt help!
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh how I wanted to do something today! But, I'm here on a long day and had to come in to speak with the bosses. I may try to get on the treadmill down in the gym on my break. (the benefit of working for a law enforcement dept ... an on site gym!)

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cross country skiing with Brian yesterday.
    Another 'Mommy Monday' gone. I love my Mommy Mondays, they're great. Get to sleep in, have some quality time in the great outdoors with hubby, and enjoy after school with the fam.
    What's good for the soul is good for the body.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got together with a friend of mine today, we walked for 3.3 miles. It looks like it's gonna rain outside. I'm crossing my fingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, I have been pretty much housebound since Friday. Between 5" of snow over the weekend and subzero temps the last couple of days, I decided that discretion was the better part of valor. Will head for the Y tomorrow afternoon and get busy again!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got out of the house today. Temp on the back porch is a robust 20 F -- tolerable.

Got to the Y today and did the usual routine. Feeling a little extra tired now, but that may be due to taking half of my weekly mtx this morning. Other than that, all is well.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast