User Tag List

Likes Likes:  68
Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Any virtual workout buddies out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    Do I have to make the nifty sound effects too? (-8
    I find if you make those nifty sound effects it helps with most things in life - renos, exercise, driving, child rearing.... you name it, if you give it a 'kung fu sound effect' it makes it easier.
    Hey we should apply it to taking our meds and getting better. I'm gonna try that right now when I take my meds.

(I am trying to get a little ninja emoticon in here, but this is one thing I have a really hard time with on here - images... oh well, use your imagination.)
    Last edited by marta; 01-25-2014 at 04:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're doing great, Nikki! I haven't walked two miles since having Wegs. I probably could, though. Just need to do it.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I signed up for a 5k in May. I may just walk it but, I signed up for it. It's one of the Color Runs. If you don't know what they are, every 1k they throw colored cornstarch at you. By the end of the run you are a multicolored mess! I did it down in San Francisco in July 2012. I can't wait to do it again. It's a group of Sonoma County Dispatchers that are all doing it so it should be fun!! I'll find someone to wallk with me. I don't think I'll be running a 5k by May but we never know!
    I also am doing a 10k walk (6 miles) in May. It's the Human Race, it's free, and we are all just walking. I am looking forward to it.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    (I am trying to get a little ninja emoticon in here, but this is one thing I have a really hard time with on here - images... oh well, use your imagination.)
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.5 miles out in the sunshine on my break. My lower back was killing me. Which is weird because it hasn't hurt in the last couple walks. I thought maybe I was working past it.

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Nikki,

Backs can be funny. They go out of whack for no good reason sometimes. Hope yours gets better quickly.

If my wife and I had walked outside today, we'd have gotten frostbite. Windchill was about -15 F most of the day here. So we walked about two miles inside at the Y, and I added three dozen crunches.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki, how often do you see your chiropractor?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually haven't seen the chiropractor in almost 2 years. I think my lower back hurts from my unfortunate prednisone stomach. It's like I'm pregnant. It's not all the time ... but it happens and it's annoying and then I can't walk right.
    Or ... I could just go see the chiro and see what he says.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you all love the chiros in your lives, but the only correct and rehabilitating method is to use a physical therapist. They KNOW the body in conjunction with what you're going thru at the time...chiros don't have the skills nor the techniques to correct actual debilitating problems in the body (ie, NOT MDs, not skilled surgeons, NOT legally permitted...and so on). But, gotta give them their due, they do make us 'feel' better. Sighs...reaches for coffee...hmmm, may need therapy for that too...what!!!!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.2 miles on my break today out in the sun. I feel lousy so I feel like I could have actually gone further if I had any umph to give!!

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast